Fire Destroyed Thornsen's Home

On Wednesday, March 21st, Larry (Bo) and Nancy (Marking) Thornsen's house in Madison, WI,  started on fire.  Nancy and the two children were at school and work.  Bo was home with their two dogs, Cookie and Ursula.  They are now staying in a hotel and looking for short term rentals for the 4 of them and the 2 dogs.  It appears that they will be in temporary housing for up to 4 months.  They have only the clothes on their back and those they have been able to purchase since the fire.  In addition to money for short term housing, they need funds for clothes, food, medication, etc.  None of them had any electronic devices with them other than their cell phones.  Imagine leaving the house one morning and going to work or school and that is all you have to start over.

Donations

 See top
  • Paulette Marty 
    • $20 
    • 36 mos
  • Anu Ebbe 
    • $100 
    • 36 mos
  • Michelle Donofrio 
    • $50 
    • 36 mos
  • Diana Pratt 
    • $100 
    • 36 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $70 
    • 36 mos
See all

Fundraising team: Thornsen Collective (3)

Martha Marking 
Organizer
Madison, WI
Nancy Thornsen 
Beneficiary
Karen Kipp 
Team member
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more