Since the start, we have:
1. Organized a total of 6 sister circle social gatherings every month, which usually draw over 40+ multi-generational Black women every meeting.
2. Organized a "Black Women's Walk for Peace" in honor of the Baltimore Ceasefire, an anti gun violence campaign from November 3-5, in which over 60 people attended in full support.
3. In November, we began providing youth mentoring at Crispus Attucks Recreation Center in West Baltimore with plans to build and implement a permanant mentoring program for Black girls and teens.
4. Attended 3 national women's conferences, 7 community meetings, and have spoken at 3 local universities about our work in Baltimore.
5. In October, we were invited to speak on the Marc Steiner Intellegent Talk Podcast Show to discuss the importance of addressing rape culture. We've also been interviewed by Baltimore Magazine and Baltimore Beat.
6. Partnerships so far have included the Collective Action for Safe Spaces, Department of Recreation and Parks for Baltimore City, the Trans Women of Color Collective, DC Justice for Muslims Coalition, Jews Voices for Peace-DC, the Washington Peace Center, HIPS, DC Abortion Fund and more.
There's so more to come!
NWBW is a volunteer-based, grassroots movement in need of funding for website costs, travel costs, marketing materials, printing, food for events and more.
All work, even emotional and psychological labor, has dignity and deserves compensation. Please support us by donating today so that we can continue making a difference in our communities. It takes a village!
DonationsSee top donations
- Mike K
- Sonja Burketh
- Tory Cross & Garrett Hall
- Liz Ensz
- Megan Kenny
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more