Haymarket House Fire - Total Loss

Saturday night high winds fueled the rapid fire and total devastation of Bill Matteo and John Oxenrider's home on Masters Ct in Haymarket, VA. where they had lived for 18 years. It was heartbreaking. We could do nothing, and gathered as neighbors helplessly watching their home be consumed by flames, while Bill and John sat grieving in their car witnessing their home, and memories be reduced to ashes.

They escaped with their lives, but nothing else, John was not even able to get out of their home with shoes on his feet. Sadly, their cat was not able to be rescued. 

Please help us wrap our arms around them as a loving community.
  • Mina Coleman 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 43 mos
  • Shawn Sample 
    • $100 
    • 43 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $300 
    • 43 mos
  • Diane McDowell 
    • $50 
    • 43 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Thierry Roche 
Organizer
Haymarket, VA
Bill Matteo 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more