This is my sister's house... well at least what is left of it.
Even though Hurricane Harvey has left our city, flood water is still rising in her neighborhood next to the Addicks reservoir.
She is a single mother: two kids, one dog, no child support, and a house in ruins.
Please help Jamie start her life again.
She and her family will be homeless for weeks to come. Then the demolition starts. This process is going to take months, if not years.
Everything must be replaced.
The house will be gutted down to the studs.
Jamie needs all the help she can get and deserves every bit of it.
Riding the boat to the house for the first time
I created this GoFundMe for my sister to assist in any way I can. Please donate, even if just a little bit, because every bit will help.
Thank you very much for the continued support from family, coworkers, neighbors, first responders, and all of the out of towners who came to Houston with boats and supplies.
This is a great city with even greater people.
Close friends and family have already donated clothes and books for Jamie and her two sons Julian and Jacob. We are so grateful for everyone in our lives who have gone out of their way to even bring the smallest sense of relief right now.
Thank you to everyone who has contacted about her safety and well-being. The love and support is positively overwhelming.
Below is a list of items and work that will be needed to return the house to the living conditions her family deserves.
Every dollar raised will be spent to rebuild and re-establish the home so that Jamie, Julian, and Jacob can once again live a joyous and thriving life.
Items lost by the flood waters:
- Kitchen appliances: refrigerator, dish washer, oven
- Kitchen cabinets, doors, and counters
- Cookware: pots & pans, cuttings boards, silverware, knives, tupperware, other appliances and gadgets
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Living room furniture: couches, coffee table, end tables, chairs, lamps, etc.
- TV & sound/game systems
- Dining room table and chairs
- China hutch/buffet table
- Massage chair
- Office desk/chair
- Desktop computer
- Technology devices: Xbox, tablets, chargers, various accessories
- Lawn tools: lawnmower, trimmer/edger, blower
- Gardening tools
- Camping Gear
- Power Wheels ATV
- Kids toys
House repairs needed:
- Cut out and replace drywall
- Cut out and replace trims, window sills, & doors
- Rebuild staircase and replace carpet
- Paint walls
- Demolish and install kitchen cabinets
- Bleach/clean tile floor and fireplace
- Remove or repair backyard wooden deck
- Remove or repair backyard hottub
- Remove or clean outside garden shed and garage
- Repair knocked down fence
- All around cleaning and disinfecting from water and bacteria