Kathy Webb, mother of 2 daughters. Grandmother of 4.
* nov 27 (thanksgiving) - underwent surgery for blood clots in femoral artery. Fasciotomy procedure left her with open wounds to the leg.
* Dec 19 - her open wounds became infected, was treated at rowan county hospital 3 days. discharged.
* Jan 9 - Kathy started to hemorrhage from original site of first surgery. Went to rowan county hospital via 9-1-1. Rowan was not equiped to handle the problem so she was transfered to Presbyterian Hospital.
The first surgery was unsuccessful, kathy was still bleeding. Undergone a second surgery that night and found another blood clot said to cause the bleeding.
* Jan 10 - started to hemorrhage again.
*Jan 11- Third surgery, placed a stint in leg artery. Placed on ventilator due to surgical stress.
* Jan 14 - ventilator removed. going well.
* Jan 15 - Stint in leg artery collasped, lost blood flow and her leg was deemed dead.
* Jan 16 - Above knee amputation.
This funds purpose is to help with the insurance's high deductible she has (8k), as well as funding improvements needed to make the house wheelchair accessible. A goal is not set but hoping for $1 per person.
These photos are what Kathy was discharged with after initial surgery.
Please help if you can to alleviate a small portion of the burden she is now faced with. Thank you, and please continue to keep her in your prayers as she copes with this New change.
DonationsSee top donations
- Lloyd & Dee Curry
- Shannon Kirk
- Kathy Pastor
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more