￼Hi everyone! The young man pictured here is my great nephew, Ethen. He is 12 years old. On Sunday December 3rd Ethen and a friend ventured off into the forest armed with all the makings of a great bonfire. Unfortunately for Ethen things went awry and he was burned badly on the left side of his body.
Ethen and his family live in Spanish Ontario, approximately 5 1/2 hours away, and because his burns were so severe, was airlifted to Toronto's Sick Kids hospital. He underwent surgery at 2am to cut his leg to relieve pressure to prevent compartment sydrome and sterilize his wounds. The most severe burns are on his left leg, left hand and right thumb. The wounds to his face and neck are superfiscial and will heal ok.
Ethen is heavily sedated for the next 3 days and a feeding tube and pic line have been inserted.
The next several months for Ethen are going to be especially difficult. He will require several more surgeries as well as months of rehabilitation and unfortunately may not regain complete mobility in his left leg and hands.
I started this GoFundMe to assist the family with the costs associated with an extended stay at the hospital. Travel costs from Massey Ontario, parking, food and health care costs not covered by OHIP. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Please leave messages for Ethen and his family so that he may feel the love!!
Thank you so much!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Hugh Adams
- Josephine Burrows
- Kristen Wright
- Patricia Forhan
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more