Here's what I'm doing:
1. Working with seven (7) licensed professional therapist to deliver one day seminars on the impact of emotional and physical trauma on life outcomes and teaching participants how to heal their trauma narratives.
2. Working with three (3) survivors of emotional and physical trauma to share their stories of healing and the importance of therapy
3. Educating communities to overcome the stigmas associated with therapy in seven (7) cities
These are my goals:
1. Break cycles of emotional and physical trauma
2. Help youth and adults heal their stories
3. Offering access to emotional health and wellness services
4. Conduct 24 seminars over 12 months is 7 cities providing participants with emotional wellness toolkits, resource guides, and copies of my next book.
5. Provide onlines resources for survivors of emotional and physical trauma.
Here's what your donation will help us do:
1. Offer all seminars free to participants who need it most but can't afford it
2. Allow us to offer two (2) free seminars a month for twelve (12) months, beginning in February 2018 in seven (7) cities
3. Provide all seminar participants with a free toolkit of therapeutic exercises they can do on their own independent of counseling to continue the work of healing their stories
4. Provide all seminar participants with a free emotional health and wellness resource guide (online and as a handout at seminars)
5. Provide each seminar participant with a free copy of my next book that deals with my journey of healing my story and the importance of therapy
What you will receive as a supporter of this program:
- For any donation of $20 or more you receive a free copy of my next book that will be released in April 2018.
Why does this work matter? A national study concluded that anyone who experiences trauma is:
15 times more likely to attempt suicide
4 times more likely to become an alcoholic
4 times more likely to inject drugs
3 times more likely to use antidepressant medication
The trauma that countless people experience during childhood can have devastating consequences on their future. ClereConscience is a healing program that addresses the emotional wellness needs of young adults and parents with a history of abuse – emotional, physical, and substance. ClereConscience works with participants to help them identify their trauma induced self-limiting beliefs, learn from them, overcome their influence, and create a new empowering narrative about who they can become in the world.
Why do I care?
As a survivor of emotional and physical trauma, I was raised by my single parent mother who battled alcohol and substance abuse addictions. Through therapy and building a supportive community I've been able to do the work of healing my story and breaking the cycle. I'm using my platform as a speaker/author and creating opportunities for survivors like me to work alongside licensed clinical therapist sharing our stories and helping others heal from the impact of verbal, emotional and physical abuse through proven therapeutic practices. - Romal Tune
Together we have the opportunity to do something pretty amazing by walking along side people to overcome the stigmas associated with counseling, break the cycle trauma, heal their stories and become who they are truly meant to be in the world.
Thank you for understanding the importance of emotional health and wellness and I am grateful for your support. - Romal Tune [RT]
Clere-Conscience is a program of the ClereStory Education Fund (formerly known as Faith for Change) a 501c3 charitable organization, Tax ID 27-2777323. All donations are tax deductible.
Here's some of my story in this spoken word video "Who's Looking for me"
- Kimberly Ayers
- Melloney Douce
- Michael-Ray Mathews
- Foundation Gift
- Ousley UMC
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more