Help Danny's fight to recovery

2017 should have been the start of a new and happy chapter in the lives of Kimberly and Danny however, just a few short months into their marriage, Danny's ongoing medical issues were finally diagnosed as an arachnoid cyst on his brain. Following surgery to remove this, he suffered severe complications, resulting in an extended stay in hospital and additional procedures.
Kimberly has been by his side for the last 6 weeks, sleeping on a hospital chair and liaising with his medical team to ensure Danny gets the best treatment possible. In order to ease some of the financial worry associated with his treatment, the family would be so grateful for any contribution that could ease this burden, while they focus on getting Danny back to good health as soon as possible.

Here is Danny's story as told by Kimberly in more detail...

Danny has spent most of his 20's looking for an answer to his pain. For the last six years he has undergone many tests and heard many diagnoses, all of which were just dead ends. Finally he found a surgeon with a solution and willing to take on this complicated case. Unfortunately, the surgeon is based in New York that is home to neither Danny or I.

Danny had his first surgery June 6 to remove an arachnoid cyst. This cyst was obstructing his spinal fluid flow causing pressure and relentless pain.
Since his admission to hospital Danny has had two brain surgeries. The first surgery removed the cyst. This surgery resulted in two serious spinal fluid leaks. On July 11, a second surgery was performed for a shunt placement due to his development of hydrocephalus. Unfortunately, Danny developed a fever after the shunt placement and I took him back to the ER. Danny has a mass in his stomach and his shunt is malfunctioning.  Danny now has a bacterial infection.  The neurosuergon stated that a new shunt will have to be placed, which will mean a 3rd brain surgery in 2 months.  Right now, we are waiting for the bacteria to clear.  The surgeon told us that the earliest a new shunt can be placed is July 31, if he is clear of infection. Danny is in ICU for the 4th time since June 6th.  I am now staying in a hotel near the hospital.  Neither of us have been home since June 3rd.  What was supposed to be a 10 day stay has turned into a 7 week nightmare this Tuesday.  Danny is still more than a week away from having another brain surgery and even further away from the recovery process.  I am supposed to return to my Teaching job on July 31, but at this time, I can not leave Danny.  My kids, his family and my family are all praying that his return to health is closer than it has ever been. 

22413924_1500818112.0409_funddescription
22413924_1500818160.4101_funddescription

Donations ()

  • Julia Nemcko 
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Molly Ziraldo 
    • $50 
    • 31 mos
  • Tracy Paige 
    • $40 
    • 31 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $1,000 
    • 31 mos
  • Tori Hart 
    • $25 
    • 31 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Frances Taylor 
Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
Kimberly Ziraldo 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more