We are a corporate event planning company based in Seattle, WA. As event planners, we have the opportunity to travel to many different cities for our events. In the past we have had major events planned in Houston, and have had some of the greatest experiences. We would like to help the city that has brought us and our attendees so much joy.
Some Facts about Hurricane Harvey:
• Hurricane Harvey related floods in Houston are now confirmed as the biggest rainstorm in the history of the continental U.S.
• Tragically, 22 people are confirmed dead, including the mother of a toddler who was found with her little one still clinging to her lifeless body.
• Officials anticipate that more than 30,000 Texas residents will need shelter including in three mega shelters located in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
• 40% of the people in shelters are children, who need extra support to meet their unique needs.
• Babies and toddlers are sleeping in cardboard boxes or on army cots because shelters do not have enough child-safe cribs.
We are hoping to raise $1,000.00 within the next month to assist kids and families affected by Hurricane Harvey. CRG Events will also match every dollar raised up to $500.00. The funds raised will be donated to the "Save the Children " organization.
Save the Children is helping in Houston by:
• Delivering family-friendly relief supplies including cribs, strollers, changing tables, baby shampoo, diapers and baby-safe portable tubs.
• Setting up Child-friendly spaces in shelters, where kids can play and learn, while parents manage their family’s emergency needs.
• Providing specially trained staff to help children dealing with difficult emotions that can come up during disasters.
• Planning for the long-term recovery, helping communities restore child-care, early education programs and children’s emotional well-being.
Here is how your donation will help:
We thank you in advance for your generosity and support.
*Please note that GoFundMe deducts 7.9% plus $0.30 from each donation. You can donate directly to Save the Children by visiting here.
- Carrie Hanley
- Lindsay Romey
- Janina Dale
- Marissa Price
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more