Hope for Zeus

Hello everyone!
This is Zeus, he is 5 years old.
He is my best friend’s partner in crime; and family pet.

This past Sunday, Zeus had suffered a tragic falling accident, which has resulted in major injuries requiring surgery.

He was met with a herniated disc and multiple exploded lumbar, causing his back legs to be completely paralyzed.
We are hoping and praying this is not permanent, but with the damage the Veterinarians are currently unsure of his future.

The donation amount is based on Zeus’ aftercare medical expenses, such as but not limited to:
his physical therapy, medications, he will also now be needing a doggy wheel chair.

Katie’s story:

“At first he just seemed sore, but fine.
Monday morning I wanted to get him into a vet to be looked at just in case - no vet would take him as they were completely booked. I was directed to give him a baby asprin, and check on him around 2 which I did - nothing different from before.
I was able to pick up pain medicine from his local vet. I got home from work around 8:30 and he was completely paralyzed. I rushed him to Green Bay Referral Center, and after two hours referred me to Appleton Referral Center. He had to herniated discs; lumbar 12 & 13. He has been there since Tuesday around 1:00 AM. I paid the downpayment of $5000 which includes the CT, surgery, medical treatment, and whatever else. He had surgery Wednesday morning, all went good.
His spinal cord is not damaged. The vet said he has a 75%-80% chance to walk again, 20% it won't work. I spoke to the surgeon today. She said that he is eating and drinking which is good. Can still feel her touch him (deep pain), but unable to move his legs. He is going to have to go through 6 weeks at least of hydrotherapy, red laser light surgery, and regular physical therapy. After the vet gave me the update. She said we are at the amount I paid, and more will be rolling in with him staying there.
I want to give my boy the best. This happened from just him trying to jump on the bed. It is crazy to me and I am willing to do whatever it takes - he's been my rock since day one. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced and would also like to bring awareness to dog parents that this could happen.”

We appreciate and are whole-heartedly grateful for any consideration, as every amount helps, big or small! Just the support, prayers and love from the people around us is what matters the most!! Thank you all for listening; and hearing Zeus’ story.❤️

Donations

  • Julie George 
    • $25 
    • 1 mo
  • Jared Schmidt 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
  • John Schultz 
    • $25 
    • 1 mo
  • Cindy Schahczinski 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Clara Kiser 
    • $30 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Addie Beck 
Organizer
Menominee, MI
Katie Cowling 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more