On the 6th of June 2016 Buddy Nohra was diagnosed with stage 4 Throat Cancer. Buddy urgently needed to have a laryngectomy, which means he needed to remove his voice box and speak from a Voice Prosthesis. This meant that every time Buddy wanted to talk he needed to press the button to do so, which changed his entire life. After the doctor's successfully completed his operation Buddy’s cancer began to grow back and within 3 months he was unable to eat, talk and drink.
At this time Buddy was moved to the Chris O'Brien Life House, receiving the best of treatments and service from the friendly staff. Everyone fell in love with Buddy's personality even when he could not speak.
Leaving behind his dad and two sisters at home, his mother Rima Nohra quit her job and slept every night by Buddy's side at the hospital to ensure he was receiving the greatest support a mother could give her son for 9 months.
After on-going chemo treatment Buddy fought so hard to remain positive in front of his family and friends.
9 months down the track Buddy was still unable to communicate or eat and not a complaint was ever made.
On the 31st of May 2017 the doctors gave Buddy's family the hardest news, that there were no other options for Buddy and he only has six months left to live.
With the strength given from God Buddy’s family remained strong in front of him, watching him lay in bed unable to digest food, drink and hear his strong voice.
Just 9 days later God opened the gates of heaven for our Brother Buddy Nohra where he entered into eternal life at the age of 23 years old. On the last week of Buddy’s life, he sent a message to his cousin to ensure that his “funeral goes off or else he is sending thunder down on us”. Buddy’s request was fulfilled as the sun was shinning on the day of his funeral.
He lived by the motto of “Life is to short so have fun”.
In remembrance of Buddy we would like to invite you all to celebrate in memory of him to raise money for the amazing Chris O'Brien life house in Camperdown, where you will be able to meet Gail O'Brien the owner of the Life house as well as other special guests.
It will be a night filled with great entertainment and guest speakers. Lets make this night possible with the help from others as its now #Time2GiveBack !
Venue: Proudly sponsored by the Paradiso Reception Lounge in the Crystal room. 55 Smart Street Fairfield NSW
Date: 17th November 2017
Time: 6:30 pm -
Cost: $100.00 P.P. / Table of (10) $1000.00
Including; Full entertainment, Mezza, Main Course, Desserts and beverages (Unlimited soft drinks, wine and beer)
Contact Patricia Nohra on 0404555634 for more details.
How can you help?
Please donate into the GoFundMe Page.
• A donation of $5000.00 to the GoFundme page
• A complimentary table of 10 for the night.
• Your business will be recognized as our Platinum Sponsor on all marketing and event collateral, including invitation flyer (FRONT OF INVIATION), slideshow on the night, a 1 x page advertised in the program booklet on the night and on the pamphlet given to each guest on the night
• 2 x banners on the night
• A complimentary gift
• Recognized as Platinum sponsor by the MC on the night
• A donation of $1500.00
• A complimentary table of 10 for the night
• Your business will be recognized on the invitation flyer ( BACK OF INVIATION), slideshow on the night and pamphlet given to each guest on the night
· Donation for gifts can be made prior to the event for the auction on the night. Example; Signed Jerseys, Holy Images etc.
· Raffle tickets will be sold prior to the night and on the night.
· Donations for raffle tickets will be much appreciated
· Example; Makeup voucher, hair voucher, hotel voucher etc.
Lots of love from Buddy's Family - God bless you all ! xx
- Leo Lynch
- Nancy Barakat
- Antoine Mouawad
- Lillian Sassine
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more