We are a diverse group of individuals that are endeavoring to take a trip of a lifetime to invest in local communities in Kenya and Uganda from the 5th to 22nd Dec 2017.
A team of 7 from Bridge Church Melbourne will be volunteering our skills to aid in community development in partnership with existing district organisations.
We will be providing much needed medical clinics where we will be addressing basic health needs and concerns. We will be conducting deworming programs for children as well as providing essential medication to communities that simply cannot afford it.
We are also excited to be part of youth outreach programs were the children of Kenya's slums can come to a safe environment and participate in games, education and encouragement.
Our aim is to Bring Hope to the Children of Uganda and Kenya.
Each team member is funding their own trip and expenses so that 100% of money raised will be going towards those in need in Africa.
We are aiming to raise a total of $20,000 of which $5,000 will be through this page. The remaining amount will be from a trivia night we are holding on October 14th. Please follow this link if you would like to attend:
Some examples of what Your Partnership will enable us to do are:
- $6’500 towards treating hundreds of children and their families over 4 medical clinic that we will be running during our visit.
- A further $2’000 so that our partners can continue with medical treatment and clinic’s once we have left.
- $240 towards solar powered lanterns for families in slums that have no electricity. This will enable the children to complete their homework even when it's dark outside.
- Up to $1000 towards mamma packs to help single women with children living in the slums of Kenya have access to nutritious food, soap and hygienic items
- Other areas include: high school fees, ongoing medical care for families with children with disabilities, mosquito nets.
We believe that we all have a responsibility to help those that are unable to help themselves. However, we can't achieve this on our own and would love to give you the opportunity to partner with us.
Thank you for your generosity and helping us to make a difference in so many lives.
Follow us at: https://www.facebook.com/Africamedicalmission2017 to see how you can be involved before, during and after the trip.
Lots of love,
Then Bridge Church Africa Mission Trip 2017 Team
- Maudie van Elewoud
- Beth Truman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more