Hello Friends and Family!
2013 has been an amazing year for me! I have been very blessed and honored to have been asked to sing at the Aspen Music Festival in Aspen Colorado this summer. I will be surrounded by wonderful musicians as well as studying with my current teacher, Dr. Stephen King.
I've started this GoFundMe webpage in the hopes that my generous music loving friends and family will help me fund this journey that I will be embarking upon. Here are some frequently asked questions that I'd love to answer about my upcoming travels:
**What will you do at the Aspen Music Festival, Ashly?**
- The full festival will include private voice lessons with Dr. King as well as numerous coaching sessions with vocal coaches to help me perfect the language and musicality of all of my operatic roles and audition repertiore.
-I will be a part of 3 opera productions (roles yet to be determined) that will be on the Aspen Music Festival's main stage performance area.
- I will have opportunities to make music with instrumentalists in chamber settings as well as participating in a concerto/aria competition.
-There will be Saturday concerts at the Aspen Public Library and other venues throughout the city.
-Agents and opera companies from all around the US and Europe will attend the festival to hear and scout talent. I will have multiple auditions over the course of these 3 months.
- The professional contacts that artsits make at Summer Festivals are so valuable to advancement in the arts. I cannot begin to describe to you how important networking in this small community is to career advancement.
**Do you have to pay tuition to attend the festival? Is there a financial aid program?**
- Most everyone has to pay to attend the festival. I was graciously given a 50% tuition scholarship. I will have to pay the rest of the $1650.00 tuition when I check-in on June 19th.
**Will you get paid to attend?**
- No, I will not be paid. This is "working" for almost 3 months and having to pay to be there, pay for housing and no income.
**Does the festival provide you with housing?***
- No, they do not offer free housing. Housing was available in the dorms for a large fee. I was able to touch base with other musicians attending the festival. I will be living "off campus" with 6 other musicians in a 4 bedroom apartment within walking distance of the festival.
**Does the festival provide travel expenses? How are you traveling to Aspen?**
-No, they do not provide travel expenses. I will be driving to Aspen, Colorado, from Houston, Texas.
**Are there practice spaces available? Or will you always have to practice at home?**
-There are practice spaces
available but they cost $90 for 3 hours daily.
These are just some of the questions that I thought would help all of you understand what I'll be doing this summer and what an AWESOME experience this will be!! Thank you again for your support and financial help!!! Will you help me fund my summer at the Aspen Music Festival?
DonationsSee top donations
- Penny Morris
- Mary Adolphson
- Drinking Buddy
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more