This past Thursday morning our friend, Arlene Shapiro, barely escaped a fast moving electrical fire arising behind her bed pillows’ in her apartment, and has lost almost everything she owns. Our friend is not injured, but as you might imagine, she is striving to do her best salvaging through the wreckage to save a few precious items if any. Volunteers & friends old and new & wonderful strangers are contributing.
Fire trucks and fireman from Station 69 worked for hours to save the building as flames poured
out the windows and Arlene’s bedroom ceiling. They threw all the burning materials out the windows that were then hosed down. The entire unit is gone. The above picture is Arlene’s bedroom that was destroyed in minutes. She was up because she has been sick which is a miracle.
This “Go Fund Me” page is set up so that you can help directly and make an enormous difference over the next eight months.
We love Arlene. Please pray for her to to come back being the generous spirit we know her to be.
One of our affiliations Sarahs Tent has started this fund with a first donation. Please contribute what you can.
Eli and Shayna Lester
DonationsSee top donations
- Esther Cornett
- Laine Thau
- Debra Michels
- Florence Weinberger
- Rebecca Marder
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more