A very warm thanks to all of you who supported AZAHAR Foundation in 2018! Each and every contribution warms my heart and has great meaning in the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in Cambodia, who benefit from the exposure, professional training, employment and opportunities to international exchange. Cambodia serves as a pilot for burgeoning projects in Africa and the Middle East.
BECOME A PART OF AZAHAR’s GLOBAL FAMILY BY OFFERING A SUGGESTED DONATION OF $20!
AZAHAR’S mission is to promote a Culture of Peace through Yoga, Meditation, the Arts and supporting methodologies, such as Non-Violent Communication, Youth Leadership and Women’s Empowerment, in zones of conflict and developing countries.
WHAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING
- Education and Job Opportunities: in Yoga, the Arts and Peace Building/Social Development
- Yoga Teacher Training: local and international with Jivamukti Global
- Peace Curriculum & Peace Camp: introduction to Yoga, Meditation, different traditional and modern Art Forms, Non-Violent Communication and other disciplines that support Peace Building, reawaken an appreciation for Traditional Arts and provide a reconnection with practical Buddhist values
- Internships in Yoga, Arts, Social Development & Peace Building
- Yoga classes in informal settlement areas, mass killing sites and in partnership with other NGOs
- Yoga & Food Program through Mahob Buos, AZAHAR’s first restaurant to offer solely vegan Cambodian cuisine.
New in 2020:
- Professional Training Program for Dance & Music
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga in partnership with Radhika, Barcelona
In Cambodia, 9 yoga teachers with an international 300-hour Jivamukti and/or UK Alliance certification teach to approximately 500 yoga students on a regular basis. There are 18 yoga teachers in training, with whom the impact will significantly increase. In addition, there is 1 teacher for meditation, 2 teachers for Bokator, 2 teachers for dance and one facilitator for Non-Violent Communication.
There is 1 Jivamukti Certified Teacher —sponsored by AZAHAR Foundation—each in Rwanda, Ivory Coast and Syria, impacting a total of approximately 100 students.
If you would like to read more about AZAHAR Foundation, please visit our website: www.azaharfoundation.org
Thank you very much for joining our efforts to restore basic human warmth, love, beauty and harmonious co-habitation on our precious blue planet!
Founder & President AZAHAR Foundation
Yogeswari is the founder and president of AZAHAR Foundaton. Based at the Jivamukti Yoga Center in New York, Yogeswari is a world-renowned Jivamukti Yoga teacher and is one of the most senior teachers in the method. As a former dancer and choreographer, she is known for her vigorous and seamless Vinyasa sequencing, as well as for her thought-provoking philosophical teachings. Yogeswari is Advanced Certified in the Jivamukti Yoga Method and has assisted and co-taught Jivamukti Teacher Trainings with Sharon Gannon and David Life in Germany, India, Costa Rica and the US.
For more info: www.yogeswari.org
- Lina Lim
- zaida almanza
- Barbara Kammermann
- Zaida Almanza
- Hülya Yılmazipek