PutON creates a bridge between a CRSV and GBV survivors' artisan skills and the world of business – facilitating access to sustainable employment and competitive economic empowerment.
We do this by building a social impact label, a global online platform with the capacity to provide services and products which connects demand from the high-end apparel fashion industry for sustainable products and supply chains with hard to reach highly-skilled artisan workshops in post-conflict communities.
Building on the outcomes of development programmes, we provide the survivors additional training, contemporary design and services required to be able to operate eventually as competitive global supply chains. At the same time, we work with global businesses on sensitizing their core business strategies with social impact while addressing GBV to create healthy working environments and peaceful communities. Establishing these partnerships based on mutual opportunities, PutON creates sustainable value and long-term solutions.
In the inspirational words of Margaret Mead: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Please join us to prove that we are not that small.
Our carefully selected and committed team has senior expertise in development, design, manufacturing, finance and strategy and business. We have been building the current model with our own substantial resources for almost three years including completing two test cycles and making sure to eliminate risks as much as possible and to provide all the elements for a social venture to succeed.
Who we are:
The PutON Team:
Founder: Orsolya Székely
Legal Counsel: Amina Rasool
Company Secretary/Accounting: Stephen Dunkling
Interim CFO: Andrea Horváth
Interim CEO/Investment and Business Strategy Adviser: Robert Wijers
Art Director/Fashion Designer: András Tóth
Head Designer/Production Supervisor: Attila Godena-Juhász
Object Design Consultant: Bence Simonfalvi
Sales and Branding Adviser: Dorka Kászonyi
Sabiha Husić - Director Medica Zenica
Peter Shaindlin, COO- Halekulani Corporation, Member of the Executive Committee of Leading Hotels of the World
Yves Hanania - Lighthouse Agency - Luxury Fashion and Lifestyle
Kali Taylor - Geneva 2030 Ecosystem, Sustainable Development Goals
PutON Milestones to date:
- PutON, a UK registered global social venture, established the core team representing all areas of expertise required for setting up the start-up company. The team represents sustainable excellence with combined senior expertise in the areas of development, business, legal affairs and high-end fashion and object design and production;
- PutON joined the Fashion for Good Platform in Amsterdam as a member;
- Two production test cycles were carried out with workshops in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- PutON established linkages with development centres for women in South-East Europe and Asia and has access to all of the major development organisations;
- The PutON concept has been exposed to key actors working with CRSV and GBV, most notably the major civil society stakeholders, the UK Government, the UN and the EU;
- Discussions have been initiated with the Ethical Fashion Initiative of the International Trade Centre, PwC, the World Business Council and UN Global Compass to develop PutON’s social impact certificate in the future;
- Established linkages with social venture funds, ethical fashion funds and women investor networks for future fundraising.
What we would like to do next:
With your help, we would like to start a full production cycle with 10 limited edition pieces designed by our team and handmade initially, in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Hungary (sample workshop and design team) by the end of spring 2019. This focus is to be able to provide any further necessary training to the women involved and to ensure that all quality controls along the supply chain are working optimally. This period would also carry out further capacity mapping of future workshops in post-conflict countries in Europe (we have completed a preliminary one already) and setting up the necessary operational elements to be able to showcase the products directly to the customers.
We would like to thank you for your support and appreciate all contributions equally, irrespective of the amount. We would like to recognise and reward your efforts to help us reach our goal (and hopefully even beyond) by offering the following:
- Above 100 GBP - Offer 5% Discount for the first order from PutON’s Startup Collection
- Above 500 GBP - Offer 10% Discount for the first order from PutON’s Startup Collection
- Above 2000 GBP add any contributor who wishes to be named on PutON’s Sustainable Excellence Sponsor Wall
- Contributors above 5000 GBP – Offer an individual agreement as to how best show your sponsorship
We would also like to thank our kind contributors for their help in putting together our crowdfunding page:
Andrea Parák: Graphic Design and PutON logo
John Galinsky: Coform, Information Designers & Communication Consultants
Yolanda Bakker: De Monchy & Bakker, Professional Training and Coaching
Szilvi Toth: Photographer
Theresa Stanton: Editing
Thank you for your donation.
The PutON Team
DonationsSee top donations
- Jillian Crowther
- Wouter De Bruijne
Fundraising team: PutON Sustainable (6)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more