We are planning to participate in an amazing educational program to Washington, D.C., this Spring with our friends and classmates from ERHS! We'll spend a total of 6 days together in D.C. learning really cool things about our country. Here are some of the awesome activities that are planned for us on our Discover D.C. program:
- The Capitol: seeing the Rotunda and the Senate and House chambers where Congress meets.
- White House: visiting the most famous house in America - home to our president and the executive branch of our government.
- Lincoln Memorial: paying tribute to our 16th president and reading his famous Gettysburg Address.
- Arlington National Cemetery: seeing the Changing of the Guard ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Eternal Flame at JFK's gravesite, and the Challenger Memorial.
- Smithsonian Museums: visiting the many Smithsonian museums located on the Mall in D.C., including the Air and Space Museum and Museum of Natural History.
In order to take part in this totally unique adventure, we need to raise $2400.00 each. Please help us by sponsoring a portion of our trip. Any contribution you could make would bring us that much closer to this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Please call or email my Mom or Dad if you have any questions or want to hear more about this really great learning opportunity. WorldStrides is the educational travel company organizing our trip, and you can check out the Student Center on www.worldstrides.org to see tons of photos and interviews with other kids who have already traveled. Thank you for your consideration.
Alyssa and Devon Rico
DonationsSee top donations
- Jorge and Norma Rico
- Uncle Rusty and Aunt Patty
- The Peck Family
- The Gills
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more