At 5am on Wednesday, I woke up to find him on the floor seizing. It was frightening. That day we did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people. I had decided that Thursday I would take him to the vet. Thursday morning he had two more seizures. One at 2am and the other at 6:30 am. This is known as clustering and is bad because when they are close together it is indicative that a seizure could lead to another and another.
Thursday we went to his primary vet for a chemistry package plus electrolytes to rule out external causes for the seizures. His blood work came back normal and they referred us to the University for a neurological consult. They believe it is a tumor but can not be certain without a MRI which is beyond our means. They started him on anti seizure medication and we took him home.
It's been very emotional here. I'm not ready to lose my baby. an MRI would at least rule out a tumor or allow us to come to terms if there is a one. Not knowing and second guessing is not giving my boy the time he deserves.
DonationsSee top donations
- Tamara Ecklund
- Krystina Stark
- Patty Jacobs
- Nicky & Chris Helmkamp
- Heather Holland
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more