80 yr Old Grandma's House Burned

Family Photo Christmas Gathering before the Fire Tragedy.

During the early hours of Christmas morning, a fire broke out in our home in Paranaque, Philippines and within a few minutes, the whole house went up in flames. My mom, Cely (81 yrs old) and sisters Anet managed to get out of the house with no injuries. But my sister Gel suffered minor burns, my nephew Nathan Albert and brother Andrew both suffered second degree burns on their arms,legs and some parts of their torso. 

My mom has lived in that house her whole adult life, and she had lost everything in a few minutes.  Because it all happened in the early morning when everyone was still in bed, they were still in their pajamas and only managed to get out with one cellphone and had no time to get any of their things. 

We're still very thankful that no one has been critically injured, but we have a long road ahead to get my mom and brother back on their feet.  With nowhere to live, they have a long road ahead of them.  Anything is welcome and would be appreciated, specially by mom who is completely heartbroken that the house she's lovingly built and lived in is gone.






  • Angela Wan 
    • $200 
    • 42 mos
  • Alice Tsung 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
  • Joyce Lovelace 
    • $25 
    • 42 mos
  • Helen Cunanan 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Jacquelyn Florsheim 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
See all

Organizer

Maria Arlene C. Ofiana 
Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more