D was forced to evacuate to her balcony on February 21 due to the buildup of heavy smoke in her unit caused by an electrical fire that occurred in the hallway outside her apartment. The Fire Department came to her rescue, and brought her to safety, unfortunately, her precious cat was left behind inside the apartment.
Update February 27:
D has been able to return to her unit to retrieve some items and re-unite with her cat (who is alive and safe and now with a neighbour for the time being) but due to the ongoing repairs and the hydro shut off on her floor, she cannot move back in for at least another week.
Many of her belongings have been damaged by the smoke and soot, but she is trying to salvage what she can.
Although she has managed to get some sleep through all of this, not knowing where she will spend the next night has been difficult.
Hang in there D. We are all here to support you.
Update March 18:
Thank you everyone for your support. Donations are no longer being accepted. "D." is thankful for everyone's kindness in helping her through her difficult ordeal.
Although, "D." would love to thank everyone personally for their support, due to health reasons"D." has moved on to new ventures. May "D." fare well on her journey. Stay well and keep in touch.
DonationsSee top donations
- Louise Gaudet-Lebrun
- Craig Bagshaw
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more