Matt was at work last night when he got a call that his house caught on fire. The fire was contained for the most part to the kitchen and living room, but tragically his dog and best buddy, Duke, didn't make it. Matt and Makaela were not home and are both safe. We are so thankful for that.
He also lost most of his valuables, including many sentimental items he can never get back. He lost everything in the kitchen and living room, and is rummaging through the other rooms to see what he can salvage but there was significant smoke damage.
My brother, as some of you know, moved to South Carolina to be closer to his daughter, Makaela. He's a single dad who works two jobs as an EMT and is in school full time to become a paramedic. We cannot bring Duke back or replace those sentimental items, but we can help out in small ways like donating money to replace his couch, his clothes, Makaela's toys, her bed, and anything and everything else that he will need. Please consider helping out my brother, every penny will help.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jennie Pearsob
- Lisa Bezanson
- Doug Lahmon
- Glenn Jones
- James Hooper
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more