Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me financially as I prepare for my move to Amsterdam to pursue a PhD in Hebrew and Old Testament Studies? Here's my story.
For a very long time, it has been my heart to study languages and to study Scripture at deeper levels. Until four years ago, it was something that I simply attempted to do on my own. Four years ago, through prayer and consultations with several friends and church leaders, I decided to follow where I believed the Lord was leading me and I applied to Covenant Theological Seminary (CTS). On July 7, 2010, my birthday, I was accepted as a student at CTS. And on January 10, 2011, I boarded a plane to St. Louis to begin a journey into the unknown at CTS.
Today, as I look toward graduation ceremony on May 16, 2014, I stand in awe and amazement on the other side of the journey I began over three years ago. I am a woman who has been deeply changed and wonderfully stretched by my time in seminary. The Lord has awakened me to gifts and passions and longings that have been intricately embedded in me since I was a young girl. My time at CTS has been a beautifully wrapped gift that I got to open everyday. I leave CTS with a deeper love for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I leave with a greater knowledge of the depths of his love, mercy, and grace. I leave longing to share this great gift with many.
While in seminary, I felt a strong call to continue my studies. This call has been confirmed and affirmed by many friends, family, and professors. I am now preparing to pursue a PhD in Hebrew and Old Testament at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU University). I leave for Amsterdam on May 25, 2014 and will immediately begin my program. I am extremely excited about and grateful for this opportunity. However, there are some very practical needs that I need help with in order to be able to accomplish this. Firstly, I need help with several upfront costs. These costs include:
1) Airline ticket ($800)
2) Shipping costs ($1300)
3) School registration and administration fees ($800)
4) Housing deposit ($1600)
5) Dutch Residence Permit and Registration ($485)
Why Should I Support You?
You may be wondering why I am asking you to help me pay for school. Here are my short answers:
1) I would like to pursue work as a Biblical Researcher and/or Exegetical Specialist with Wycliffe Bible Translators during and after I complete my PhD. Due to the support-based nature of salaries for Wycliffe work, they do not allow their missionaries to carry a school debt above $25,000. Therefore, loans are currently not an option for me.
2) My pursuit of further biblical studies is ministry-oriented. I have felt called to ministry for years and the Lord is equipping me for this call. I long to teach the Word of God to others as a full-time ministry. I am asking for your support to accomplish this goal.
3) I have sought out scholarship options to no avail. As an older student and an American studying in the Netherlands, I haven't been able to find any scholarships for which I qualify. I am continuing my search, but I am forced to pursue other means currently.
4) Initially, I will only be allowed to work 10 hours/week in Amsterdam. This will not cover all of my expenses by any means so I am in great need of help with this.
I am trusting the Lord to provide what is necessary for me to follow this path, but he has put it on my heart to step outside of my comfort zone and ask my friends and family for help in this endeavor. Will you please help me with these practical needs? I will be extremely grateful for anything that you can give.
The Lord has given me a great passion, gift, and opportunity to pursue his Word. I am humbled by his kindness in this. He has blessed me greatly and I am ever grateful for his love and guidance.
Thank you all for your support, prayers, and love. If you would like to hear more or have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
With love and gratitude,
Staci R. King
DonationsSee top donations
- Amy Lockman
- Amy Lockman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more