Hello family and friends. On July 17, 2013 our mom was diagnosed with Colon/ Rectual Cancer. From that moment on we knew our lives would be forever changed. All we remember from that day is hearing the words "You have Cancer". As we sat there looking at one another with tears rolling down our faces, is this really happening. Is our mom going to survive, what treatment does she have to do to live. A million and one thoughts came to us. Are we ready to fight cancer? As the day went on the doctor explained what he thought needed to be done. Chemo/Radation for 6 weeks. Chemo would be hooked up on a Monday and unhooked on Friday... Weekends she had off. Radation would be everyday for 20 min. So we put on our brave faces and said we as a family will kick cancer ass.
Day one of tretment went off with out a hitch. Wow we thought Mom did amazing, Until during her first night of Chemo on September 23, 2013 she would have taken a turn for the worst. She woke up that night with a very low oxygen leave. her O2 was 70%. Omg I thought my mother's going to die. I called 911.. not once, but three times befor they got to my house. My mother was then taken to Jordan hospital. at this point no one knows whats going on. Her stats kept droping. They did all types of test. still no one knew. We sat there waiting for answers all morning. Watching our mother struggel to breath. Please God don't take our mother. We sat there helpless and hopless. Then finally where able to get her stable and then they moved her to the ICU. where she would stay for two days before being transfered to South Shore Hospital. Becasue she was doing treatment at South Shore Cancer center they thought it would be best for her to be there. She then spent another 3 days in the hospital. where she was told she had a heart attack. Oh no we thought, first Cancer, now a heart attack. what next?
All we kept thinking is the chemo/ radation are just to much for her heart, and in all truth it was at first. She has what is now as Takotsubo- Cardiomyopathy, also know as Broken heart Syndrom. From all the stress. This is why she had the chest pain and shortness of breath. So they then decided to hold off on her treatment. So a month went by and she slowly got better. So in October we went back to her treatment again. Keeping our fingers crossed that nothing happen. We did have our up and downs during this period. It was not an easy thing to do watching your own mother fight a battle, and you cant't do anything to help. On November 29, she finished treatment. Now onto get a surgery date. We where given a date for February, 14, 2014.
So now her surgery date comes and go's and we still haven't had the surgery because my mother was so compromised that she ended up with pneumonia. We are now waiting for a new surgery date, and which should be in the next couple weeks. Between her perscriptions and back and forth to all these doctors appointments and medical expenses and medical equipment she is going to need, its been very hard emotionaly and finacially, if you can help in anyway even if its just a quick hello or just a blessing. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts xoxo
DonationsSee top donations
- Bruno Umbro
- Greg Kesaris
- Theresa Murphy
- Aaron Davidson
- roula kerins
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more