Erica's Music Conservatory/College Fund

Erica has been accepted to Peabody, Manhattan School of Music, Towson University and University of Maryland at College Park.  We are working with each school to develop a potential package to make it affordable.  

So far Towson University and Manhattan School of Music are the frontrunners in helping us put together a good college funding package.

We also haven't ruled out Peabody, as it is such an incredible school and we know if she's meant to attend, an angel will surface! If you know of scholarship/grant/angel sources please share.  

In the meantime your donations are so greatly appreciated and have totalled over $800 toward the College/Music Conservatory Fund.  In case you might think a small donation doesn't count - it all adds up as $800 will cover most of the books needed for the first year!

We thank you in advance for your support and belief in Erica!

Here's the link to Erica's Message to You...





BRAVO EVERYONE -  we reached our goal for the Washington National Opera Summer Institute - thank you to everyone who helped so generously!

Now we will use this site to keep you updated on Erica's college decision and our financial needs to attend. 

Those who know us well know that our family has been through the mill this past year between cancer, unemployment, etc, so we appreciate any and all support and we will of course pay it forward as soon as we can!!

Here's our original post:
After her 3rd try, Erica was accepted to the Washington National Opera Summer Institute this year.  She was awarded a 65% scholarship and needs to raise funds to cover the remaining 35%.

Here's her story:

Erica is a 17-year old aspiring opera singer who has been working so hard over the past several years to prepare for college auditions and special audition-only summer programs.  

Last year her Mom was diagnosed with Lymphoma. As you all know cancer treatment is expensive and did a real number on the family finances.

So, Erica and her family set up this crowdfunding page to help Erica realize her dreams and she hopes to bring you great joy with her art in return!

If you'd like to be one of Erica's Benefactors, here are some of the ways you can help:

Washington National Opera - We are so thrilled that Erica was invited to participate in the Washington National Opera's 2014 Summer Institute, and received a scholarship to cover 65% of the expenses.  We are beginning this gofundme page requesting funds for the remaining 35% of the tuition and housing costs. Any amount will help! (If we receive any funds over the goal of $1,150, they will be used toward her future college expenses for Fall 2014.)

College - We will keep you updated on her college selection and any funding needs as we receive more information.  So far she has been accepted to Towson University's Music Department with a partial Talent and Merit Scholarship (covers 96% tuition) and University of Maryland's School of Music (they send the talent scholarship information in mid-March). She will be auditioning for 3 other schools in the next few weeks: Peabody, Oberlin and Manhattan School of Music.

We appreciate your support so much and we will offer a few goodies to Erica's benefactors (See Reward Levels).
  • George Betts 
    • $25 
    • 84 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 86 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 (Offline)
    • 86 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $180 (Offline)
    • 86 mos
  • Ruth Bloch 
    • $25 
    • 86 mos
See all

Organizer

Marlyn Setren Ferguson 
Organizer
Rockville, MD
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more