We were hit with devastating news last Monday.My fiancé and I have two female Irish Wolfhounds a 6 year old named Phoniex and a 1 year old named Maebh.Those two girls mean so much to Josh and I. Phoniex was our first dog we adopted her when she was one years old.We have met so many people and build so many friendships threw Phoniex. She always makes people smile,she is kind and a loving dog. She is very active in our community and will walk at the saint Patrick’s day parade will do school visits and go to nursing home with me to sprinkle joy into peoples and children’s life. She has brought so much joy and delight into our own lives. A month ago I notice Phoniex had a slight limp so I took her to vet. The vet told her that she had arthritis on her left leg and she gave me 5 different medications. After two weeks of giving her the medications we saw no improvement so I took her back to the vet. They did some X-rays of her leg and changed the medications and send us home. I saw no improvement once again.So I went to a different vet and they did more xrays and that is when we received the worst news that our Phoniex had bone cancer(Osteosarcoma).After finding out that she has osteosarcoma,I went to two different vets to get two more opinions.All three vets confirmed that it is that awful and painful bone cancer. I was heartbroken, angry, sad, and facing that fact that our girl was going to die and not see our family grow with children like we hope for.Phoniex was never a sick dog, I could see in her eyes that she was getting tired of going to the vet almost every week. I believe that she could also feel how I felt each time I was told that it is cancer and not what I was hoping for the 10% of being a fungus infection and not bone cancer. Unfortunately this is an aggressive bone cancer and I only have two options and not enough time. I can keep her on pain meds until it gets too much I may have a few more weeks and the bone may break or I can get her whole leg removed and take away most of the pain and hopefully it will buy us more precious time together.It can be anywhere from 6 months to a year.This was not an easy decision to make but I would do anything for more time with her and most importantly take the pain away from her.This news pains our family so very much because we love her and we know her running days are over. She woke up yesterday laying on her back while all four legs up in the air she was so happy. I knew that would be the last time she would do that and I just smile and cried both at the same time. I gave her last bath yesterday and wash all of her four legs knowing that was the last bath I would give her like before.We have spend over 3,000 dollars on vet bills just in the last month.Surgery will cost between $3,000-6,000 dollars.We are schedule to get her leg removed this Thursday.This is so hard for us to ask because we are givers not takers.If we go over we would donate the rest to a local shelter. Our hearts will forever be grateful.This surgery brings us time to be with her but most importantly it will take away so much pain that she does not deserve to feel because she has brought so much joy into this world. We pray and hope that it will give us time until our wedding day.We would love for her to be there during the ceremony that would mean the world to us and very special.We are asking for prayers as well as donations to help make a dent in the high cost of her treatment.Anything over will go towards her chemo treatment.Please keep phoenix in your thoughts today.We are so overwhelmed my all the love and support so far.