i have been struggling since 2009 with anaphylaxis and hereditary angioedema. my symptoms and reactions have increased tremendously over the last 4 years to the point i have been intubated several times and i am in the er for treatments every one to two days with a guaranteed admission to go along with it.
my allergist states that he is not completely convinced about my ddiagnosis and wants me to travel to denver, co to the national jewish hospital for further help.
i have tried multiple medications to help slow this down with most of them making me sicker with every dose.
i am willing to try anything if it would give me a better quality of life. i am unable to work at this point and s single parent with 2 teenagers. i am waiting for the new hae research facility to open hopefully in the next couple of months to find out a way to help me.
i am needing any help at all for travel, lodging, transportation, and food forv the time spent in san diego for this new clinic.
none of this journey has been easy for me and it continues to become more frustrating by the day, due to doctor's truly not knowing how to treat the disease or they are scared to give me the higher doses they are needed to help.
i do not normally ask for help due to my pride, but in this case i have no choice in the matter becsuse i need the treatment and help.