We are located in a modest shopfront space in West Croydon, Adelaide in South Australia which we converted from being a dress shop with change rooms into an open studio space.
Together we have made a lot of changes and invested a lot of time, effort and finances into this project (check out the video for before and after shots) but we have come up against a bit of a financial barrier in terms of getting the place up and running and supporting itself through workshops, exhibitions, and online and in-person sales.
We are hoping that crowd funding might be a way to speed up the process of gathering all the things we need to be a fully independent ceramics studio where we can hold workshops for adults and children and support our individual practices.
Things we need? Here is a list:
- Street awning signage and roof signage for better visibility
- A-frame signs for footpath visibility
- Custom designed and built structure to house kilns
- 3 phase power adaptation to power kilns
- Second hand large kiln for production work
- Kiln shelves and kiln props
- Custom built window display shelving unit
- Improved lighting for window display
- Mobile exhaust unit for sucking up dust when mixing glazes
- Wet and dry vacuum to keep the place clean and safe
- Trestle table and chairs for workshops
- Extra tools and equipment for workshops
- Website design and hosting
As you can see, there is quite a lot. Just getting a little bit of a hand from supporters would enable us to get the studio going and make enough money to support itself. We are not aiming to create a commercial venture, just a small business that makes enough money to continue to exist.
We all love what we do and want to share it with others and become a place in the community where people can develop skill and appreciation for ceramics. Adelaide is a city built on clay, with a strong history of industrial and artisanal ceramics. We want to continue this tradition and enrich it with our own special twist through this studio.
We hope you can find a bit of change to help us out. Search the back of the couch! Look in your car ashtray (cigarette butts not accepted as currency unfortunately)! Every little bit helps and every little bit is deeply appreciated.
Thank you! Clay rules, ok?
Love Stephanie, Sophia and Alison.
Check out our blog for more details on the rewards being offered and images: http://6handsstudio.wordpress.com/crowdfunding/
DonationsSee top donations
- Racquel austin-abdullah
- Paddy Phillips
- Paul Brown and Nigel MacAlinden
- Jacqui Mossop
- Jane and Luke
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more