March 12-16, 2020
According to McKinsey's "Future of work in Black America report", Black America is predicted to lose 4.5 million jobs in the next decade.
Opportunity Hub & OHUB Foundation are working tirelessly to ensure equitable opportunity in the future of work, fourth industrial revolution and beyond as a path to shared prosperity and multi-generational wealth with no reliance on pre-existing multi-generational wealth.
As a solution, OHUB produces OHUB.SXSW & HBCUSXSW to expose Black & Latinx college students to the interactive technology economy while simultaneously facilitating interviews with tech companies offering paid summer internships and full time roles upon graduation.
OHUB.SXSW and its HBCU@SXSW programming, as captured in USA Today , Harvard Business Review and this hiring partner experience video by Facebook , is OHUB’s signature annual capstone university relations, young professionals, seasoned executives and startup entrepreneurs immersive exposure, innovative professional development, go to market and investment experience. Each year, major corporations, tech companies, startups, ecosystem builders, foundations and influencers sponsor top Black and Latinx American technical and non-technical talent from our nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU’s), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI’s), Minority Serving Institutions (MSI’s) and Predominantly White Institutions (PWI’s) with intentional diversity and inclusion initiatives to gain the necessary immersive exposure, interactive learning opportunities and direct access to paid summer internships and early career roles that are afforded by attending SXSW.
Each year at SXSW, more than 500,000 attendees experience amazing keynotes, thousands of panels and exclusive networking opportunities that provide buzz-generating exposure and opportunities to engage with decision makers in the innovation economy.
Impact & economic output
In 2016, OHUB sponsored 50 students. In 2017, 100 students from 41 colleges and universities attended. In 2018, 150 students from 60 colleges and universities attended. In 2019, 252 students from 100 colleges and universities attended. Ninety (90%) of the students were placed in paid summer internships or permanent jobs. The median pay for summer internships was $20,000. The median starting salary for our full time hires was $97,500. The total economic output to date is over $10,000,000.
In 2020, we want to bring 500 students to SXSW and connect them with at least 500 mentors and 100 hiring partner in tech. At a cost of $5,000 per student, our 2020 budget is $2,500,000. Our partnership model was created to build partnerships with hiring partners, colleges & universities, foundations and influencers starting at $5,000. This covers each student’s round trip travel, housing for 5 days x 4 nights, 3 meals per day, SXSW Interactive badge, programming, hiring experience & year round mentorship to increase exposure, skills and placement. As companies sponsor more students, they receive additional perks and benefits to maximize their participation in the experience.
1. Raise $2,500,000 budget; $1,2500,00 via Mentor Partnerships
2. Sponsor 500 students and support them for 12 months
3. Partner with 100 hiring partners ready to interview and make hires on the ground
4. Place 90% of students in internships w/ medium salary of $20,000 or full times roles w/ medium salary of $97,500
5. Create economic output of $24,375,00 for full time placement; and $5,000,000 for summer internships
6. Attract 3,000 people to our panels and special events at OHUB.SXSW
7. Generate million of impressions across our social media channels to expose and connect more Black and Latinx people to equitable opportunities in the future of work, fourth industrial revolution and beyond as a path to shared prosperity and generational wealth creation with no reliance on pre-existing multi-generational wealth.
8. Close the racial wealth gap (which is projected to be zero by 2053 for Black Americans) one internship and full time hire at a time.
Upon receipt of payment, you will receive the following:
1. One (1) SX interactive badge
2. VIP All Access to OHUBHouse
Ticket to 6th Annual Inclusive Innovators, Investors & Influencers Reception, Dinner & Awards
3. Participation in the student mentorship experience of a lifetime
4. Future opportunities to partner with OHUB on diversity, equity & inclusion focused recruitment
5. OHUB.SXSW official T-shirt swag
6. Minda Hart’s best selling book, The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table
7. Janice Bryant Howroyd’s best selling book, Acting Up: Winning in Business and Life Using Down-Home Wisdom
8. Rodney Sampson’s best selling Kingonomics: Twelve Innovative Currencies To Transform Your 9. Business and Life, Inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. Discounts on future OHUB hiring partnerships
Do It For The Culture: $250
- OHUB.SXSW official T-shirt swag
- Copy of Minda Hart’s best selling book, #TheMemo
- Copy of Janice Bryant Howroyd’s best selling book, Taking Action
- Copy of Rodney Sampson’s best selling Kingonomics: Twelve Innovative Currencies To Transform Your Business and Life, Inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
No donations yet. Be the first to help.