I am a 34-year-old, free-spirited, artist living in the Lothian, MD area.
About a year ago, I had decided to leave a more traditional way of housing behind, in exchange for being able to live a life that allowed me to pick up and take my home with me wherever I choose to go.
To be able to travel, as well as practice my art, and explore new places, meet new people, and find a place to stay that makes my soul happy. So, I decided on purchasing a camper and making it the home that I'd continue to live in for years to come. I'd be able to soak every spare penny away and save for retirement! I'd finally be able to find the peace I've sought after for so long.
Well, we all know how it goes, right? Life never goes as planned!
So here's where it all started: This past Friday, I woke up engulfed in smoke and surrounded by flames beginning to approach the back of the camper where my bed is located.... I still, even after having several days in attempts to obtain clarity as to what truly happened, where the fire even came from, why, or WHO could possibly have committed this atrocity onto another human being is something that simply will remain beyond my level of comprehension for the rest of my days.
I don't even have a single clue what it was that woke me up out of my sleep that morning.....
What I do know is that there is no way I should be alive right now, and that other than being in one piece, not bald, & I still have my eyesight, I still have most of my animals, (some died from the after effects of the fire.) I have my mind, and I have my fingers to tell people my story.
I figured that there would be some set backs along the way, but damn! I definitely hadn't expected this latest turn a seemingly long string of unfortunate events as of late.....Starting with the fact that I recently lost my job about two months ago due to company complications associated with COVID where the employees were either transferred to other companies within the network further away if desired, or laid off altogether. Taking the position with the further away company was not an option that would have made sense for my life at the time.
However, I will just continue to stay positive and believe in my soul that this has GOT to be the universe making room for better things, and opening bigger and better doors in my life, with the right kind of people surrounding me with love and kindness.
I have decided that I am initiating a GoFundME in order to help assist me in being able to pay for:
First and foremost: 1. I NEED to pay off what I still owe to the man I was purchasing the camper from. He is a really wonderful person with a good heart and, gave me a chance and opportunity to be able to purchase my dream home when no one else would even help me.
2. I need at this point to either be able to pay for a new camper house, or be able to pay for the costs to renovate and revive MY house; as well as have a company such as ServPro come out and clean up the mess that resulted from the chaos. Including the myself, as well as several firemen knocking all kinds of stuff over to find some of the animals when there was too much smoke for us to see them.
3. I need to be able to get insurance back on my car so that I can get back and forth to work once I find another job. I have gotten terribly behind due to COVID, and at this point; it is almost impossible for me to be able to get caught up without help of some kind.
4. I need to be able to maintain my car payment until I am able to find a current job that affords me all of my bills. "You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!" lol.
5. I need new clothes & shoes. I have two pairs as it stands right now.
6. Truthfully, there are a lot of materialistic things that need to be replaced currently including new cages for the animals. ( I have 6 rats. One opossum, and one dog.) NO I'm NOT placing them in rehoming facilities. So please, don't ask or suggest it.
7. Other odds and ends costs that I know will come up throughout this process, that I haven't yet given consideration to. To learn how you can donate, please visit Gofundme.com, where you will be able to donate in the form of your choosing.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!
I HUMBLY ASK FOR AS MUCH HELP AS POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!
***** This is NOT a California Wildfire Campaign!!!****
- Kathy Fishel
- Betsy Englehardt
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more