Please Help The Pitsch Family!

Please help the Pitsch Family with medical bills and costs associated with family out of work who are helping care for him while he is hospitalized.


Today is a special day! I survived my first night in my (hospital) bed at home since I fell ill with this ugly Osteomyelitis paralysis back on Jan 5, 2018. I was discharged from rehab June 22, 2018. My doctor's going away present was 14 new prescriptions, imagine that!

Please continue to pray for us as we adjust to our new way of life since this is all new for us.


Today being May 15, 2018 is a great milestone regarding my progress. We just left the Infectious Disease Center and I am free of this IV picc line. It has been a long 10 weeks since my 2nd surgery and having to deal with the strong antibiotics to rid this ugly bone infection. Now I can focus on therapy to hopefully regain my nerves, strength and motor skills.


May 9th, 2018

Today he's still on the IV and trying to be grateful each day since he's still here. Life is getting harder knowing it wont' be the same for a very long time. Papa is still working hard in PT everyday and making small improvements. This is something we are all so proud of him for. I know at times its very exhausting and aggravating not being able to do the things we all used to do before he got sick. but the fact that we are still working hard everyday to keep it together is something I'm grateful for. Now if we can just figure out when he can come home one day that will be the best day of my life. Being at home knowing Papa hasn't been home for 5 months is something I never thought would happen. I've never been more proud of the improvements and motivation he has the past few months that I know he's come a very long way.

Please keep praying for our family as the days go by because we all have good and bad days on this journey we call life.


April 17th, 2018
Updated from Papa just now from UAMS - unfortunately I did not get a clean bill of health. The scans reflected an anomaly at my neck line. Not sure if it infectious or not, but the Infectious Disease Team has ordered 4 - 6 more weeks of IV'S just to be on the safer side of this bone infection I have. So for another month I will continue to battle this to the end!

UPDATE 4/16/18:

Papa went in today to UAMS to have a series of test, xrays and blood work done to see if the infection is gone or if we need to continue the IV and meds to get him better again. Tomorrow we will find out the results and just praying that all goes well. We will keep you all updated and thank you so much for still praying over our family during this difficult time!

Update from 3/26:

My rehab here at Baptist Health has sadly come to a close. Therapy was very challenging and much needed because of my paralysis. I arrived on March 8 and will check out tomorrow Tuesday March 27 do to government regulations dictating special care stays at these types of spinal cord facilities. Our next stop is Heritage Living Center in Conway which is located much closer to home. Mom ended up quiting her job last week in order to help Papa 24/7 since he has some special needs that she can help him with. We are now equipped with a lot of rehab documentation to extend our needs for the next 2 months. Perhaps sometime this summer I will be able to finally return home since January 5, 2018.

Update from 2/28: The doctor took more tests today and emergency sent them to a spinal doctor in a hospital in Little Rock - UAMS. Apparently the bone infection needs immediate attention.Surgery planned for tomorrow, Thursday, to remove infected areas of the spine in the lower neck region. Dr's say 5 hour operation. Wish them success!

Update from Chuck Pitsch:Dear Classmates, Friends and Comrades. Sorry I have not been forthcoming and have not been active on FB this calandar year because of serious health issues as I almost met my Maker twice recently. Following New Years weekend Maryann rushed me to ER. I have been fighting pneumonia, the flu/virus sickness and again another bout with pneumonia. They immediately put me in ICU and then a few hours later in CCU. I was restrained for days while they tried to understand my failing health and eventually my elavated heart beat. It turns out that the 2 bouts of pneumonia contaminated my blood with serious staph infections. After 6 days in CCU I was moved to Heritage Rehab Center for the next 20 days to restore my lost muscle tone. Then on the evening of Feb 6th in my rehab room following dinner, my body became uncontrollably paralyzed from my breast to my feet. EMS rushed me to Conway Regional Hopital where a neurosurgeon discovered a large mass of infection attached to my spine in the lower neck region. I had emergency surgery to immediately remove as much of the infection as possible. Following another week of antibiotics and still paralyzed I was admitted to Conway Regional Rehab Center for acute spinal rehabilitation. After numerous xrays, CT scans and MRI's I have been diagnosed with a bone infection requiring 6 to 8 weeks of antibiotics. To date I have been attending rehabilitation 3 hours a day from a wheelchair requiring 2-3 therapist assistance. The specialist have encurraging advice that the paralysis is reversable after months of successful and intense therapy. Not out of the woods yet.
  • Sean Loughman 
    • $100 
    • 38 mos
  • Cheryl Schumacher 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Cheryl Schumacher 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
  • Betty Cook 
    • $35 
    • 42 mos
  • Mark Quinn 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Lucy Johnston 
Cabot, AR
Carrianne Pitsch 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more