You know that time when things are going wrong...but there's that little light in a form of encouragement?
It might be someone interacting with your blog for the first time and made you really feel like they read what you wrote (not just something that insinuates that they are trying to get you to read their content.) and that gave you that extra energy to surge forward.
PS: I am in the process of getting Go Fund Me to help forward the old URL for the 10k Notes of Encouragement to this page as I wouldn't want to waste the time supporters have put in the project (convincing venues to have a flyer put up in their bulletin board).
PPS: If you found this project from a trusted contact rather than as an update from me directly, I'm hoping that your contact would have pointed you towards the relevant information (and that you might not even need to read this in its entirety!).WHAT
Based on the total funds raised (whether the goal is reached or not), the distribution would be as follows:
- Marketing (Advertising, Public Relations...)
- Legal Advice (To make sure that funds you invest in this venture are structured properly)
- Taxes (Because they are everywhere...and it's just a matter of how much)WHEN
There is no pressure on you to contribute. I have faith that even if this project doesn't go viral --- other financial alternatives would open up...and I still would be able to continue.
But if you are looking for a personal deadline on considering if it would be a fit for you. I'm hoping that a week after you've visited this page for the first time, you'd either:
- Decide it was for you and send me the details of the people you'd like me to encourage
- Forward it to someone in your circle who is looking to feature this kind of project
- Forward to someone in your circle who is looking to invest in a similar project (be it their time or fiancially
- Go through your contact list and decide that there are those who you have wanted to catch up with for awhile but really hadn't had a reason to...and decide mentioning this project would be a good talking point. ONWARD
I think there is a growing cynicism in our world and I'm hoping that your support would just confirm that the little things are quite valuable because they grow to big things. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Q1: Can I still contribute to the 10k project?
A1: Unfortunately, that project is now inaccessible --- all I can do is reach out to the team responsible for legacy data and updates is ask if they could forward visitors to the link here.
Q2: Why did you deactivate the 10k project?
A2: It was not my intent, and changes to the Go Fund Me platform
Q3: I don't know you at all. Is there a place I can visit that can help me decide if you're my kind of person?
A3: Absolutely! You can look through my various essays
or reach out to me directly
with more specific questions (which I might be able to address in a future post!)
Q4: Have you written about the project before?
A4: I think the most significant essay I did mentioning the '10,000 letters of Encouragement' project is the one currently up on Thought Catalog
Q5: Where can I find the tally of notes?
A5: My aim is to include updates on this page. Though you can also check my Reddit profile
in case I end up updating that first.