Despite efforts to put out the fire with a garden hose, the garage was nearly fully engulfed within 10 minutes. The first fire truck arrived, but the fire had overtaken the wood structure and even with local communities sending mutual aid to fight the fire, it was too little too late.
The house became fully engulfed, with the roof collapsing on the ground floor, which eventually collapsed into the basement. The fire was intensely hot and cracked the foundation and melted the tin roof, virtually cooking any chance of salvaging anything from the fire.
My brother-in-law and his wife lost everything in the home and attached garage. She is a full-time registered nurse and will graduate as a certified nurse practitioner in September. She lost all of her medical books, equipment and her school laptop which contained her final thesis. They are also expecting their first child in January 2018.
I have set up this fund as a form of relief for them. They did have insurance, but we are assuming that there will be some expenses that will not be covered, and with the baby on the way, starting over for them will be a daunting, expensive, and exhausting task. They are a great couple that has endured a lot this Summer, to include the passing of Jared, our brother. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. All monetary donations received from this relief fund will be going directly to them.
- Larry Larson
- Karen Springer
- Whitney Mitchell
- Emma Withers
- April Gagnon
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more