Then we tried to switch the bill over to our names and they informed us that not only have they not been paying the money we had been giving them but they wouldn't transfer the account nor help us until the previous tenant's bill was taken care of with an outstanding balance of $1533 plus reconnect fee. we even asked them to just put it on the new bill but they refused.
So now our family of 6 is entering the new school year with absolutely no electricity. We can't cook, shower, or house our food.
I am currently disabled do to a work related injury.
If anyone would be willing to help us it would be so appreciated.
Kendra my wife went over to the house yesterday to check the mail and pick up a few things for the kids. She was greeted with some pretty crummy news. My father,while trying to do good only created a. much larger issue. Next door to our house is my aunt Tracy's house his sisters . He decided to run a orange 200 ft extension cord from their outdoor outlet over Into the basement unit of our home.He cut the cord, then for some reason attempted to wire the cord into the breaker box temporarily. But when he flipped the breaker, the boxes started to throw sparks and caught fire. The damage is done.
EDIT: 9-5 -2013
Doesn't look good going to cost $2600 and that's just the rough estimate to fix the damage created,Not including labor.
We are going to just cut our losses and find a new home with the donations
We know times are hard for almost everyone and we don't expect this to work but it's worth a shot. God bless.
The Arnold family.
DonationsSee top donations
- zeke walton
- John S
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more