Emilio Montano's Medical Fund

*update* Nov. 30th

Emilio is slowly starting to stabilize. He’s been in ICU for the past 96 hours and has been slowly taken off meds. He is still has a long way to go but he’s doing much better! Thank you for all the support and donations!

On Tuesday, November 22, My father,  Emilio Montano, was diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma otherwise known as a Vestibular Schwannoma. Due to the size of the tumor, roughly 4cm, the recommended treatment was 80% removal via sub-occipital surgery and the remaining 20% removed via gammaknife radiation thearpy. 

On Friday, November 24th, he underwent surgery to have the procedure done. The surgery was successful and they were able to remove close to 80% of the tumor. All seemed well during his recovery except on Sunday he developed hydrocephalous as a result of the surgery. Thus he had to undergo another operation to drain the excess fluid. 

Due to the unexpected complications his medical bills have risen. Unfortunately, he doesn't have insurance and he's been living in Mexico for the past 18 years with my brother, Sebastian. Without insurance, all medical bills need to be paid up front, otherwise there are no treatment options. We have been able to fund almost all the surgery ourselves but with the complications that have arisen, and unexpected lengthy stay in ICU, the medical bills have risen well beyond the expectations set forth by the hospital and surgeons. 

We would appreciate any donations! Thank you so much for your support. 

A little history about my father. He attended Rice University in Houston, TX. He  played tennis in college for Rice. He went on to be a professional tennis player and played on the ATP tou and was a Davis Cup PLayer for Mexico in the late 1970's and early 1980's. He has three children. He enjoys watching football and tennis. 



Donations

  • William Bamford 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Ashley Sandoval  
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Gerod Rush 
    • $5,000 
    • 45 mos
  • A Rush 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Jon Wyatt 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer

Nick Montano 
Organizer
Montgomery, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more