On Wednesday 30th January our puppy Daisy was taken ill at the vets.
We have a very poorly puppy right now, daisy is a yellow Labrador 19 weeks old and became extremely poorly. She didn't want to stand up and layed there crying, breathing really heavily and urinating herself alot. She didn't want to eat and just drank water but it came straight back up. We took her to the vets which they kept her all day on fluids hoping by the afternoon she would perk up but she never, so she's been taken to an overnight vets. We have received a phone call this morning from the vet saying they are thinking maybe it's puppy strangles but me and my partner have read up on this and she has no symptoms for puppy strangles but can be diagnosed with mucus from the nose. They also said it could be polyarthrytis which they can test her for with a simple test with joint fluid. We have also read up about sepsis.. and worse case scenario, cancer but that is very un common in a puppy this age. They have kept her on fluids all night hoping that this morning she would be feeling much better but she still hasn't moved at all and in alot of pain. They took blood tests in which they found white blood cells was extremely high which they are surposed to be at 20 and daisys was at a worrieing 100. you can understand we are very very worried and upset for our baby daisy. Can anyone on here tell us if there Labrador has been through this or not? Thank you so much everyone with the amazing support
thank you all for your very nice heart warming comments.. They are very helpful and comforting. Me, my partner and poppy are missing our little baby daisy so so much beyond belief. They have updated us on daisys well-being and she hasn't improved as of yet.. they have had to tube feed her today. They can't do any tests on her yet as she isn't strong enough to go under anaesthetic.
okay so we've had a phone call from the vets at 10am today and they have told us our baby daisy is still extremely poorly and no change in her way. They have told us that they can do no more for her and that they are referring her to derby pride vet centre who are specialists with the facilities for mri scans etc . They have told us that daisy is in alot of pain. I'm sorry for the short message here but we are waiting for the call so we can go pick her up and take her to derby which is 2 and a half hours from us. Again thank you everyone for your support
. So when we got daisy we got a months free insurance so on the 19th January we started her new policy which didn't start until 14 days after we took her insurance out.. so I asked insurance company if from today's date will all of her treatment be insured and they said no because she became ill 3 days before her insurance was due to start.. therefor non of this treatment she's getting is payed for. Me and my partner Bertie both earnt minimum wage and spent most of our wages from last month on the first vet we was with which was £756 pounds. That's not taking into count the 2 and a half days she's been with the vets now. And now we have got to go and collect her and take her to vets in derby 2 and a half hours from us for specialist treatment. So after all this thinking she was insured.. She's not (small print) we are extremely worried financially but we was going to ask for all the bills to be spread out over years but I don't care if I have to sell my car and everything to make sure my baby gets the treatment she needs so we can say we have given our baby daisy the best we can. So heartbroken we all are :-( we are setting off to go and collect daisy soon and take her to derby. Please ever pray for daisy.. we are desperate for her to get better!! We miss our baby so much ❤❤❤