· Ty has Crohn's disease. He was diagnosed with Crohn's 10 years ago.
· During the 10 years Ty's had multiple ER visits, hospitalizations and surgeries; including having his entire colon removed and now lives with a iliostomy.
· Medical bill debt forced the family to file bankruptcy this year
· Part of his treatment included high doses of prednisone which attributed to the destruction of his teeth.
· Ty has use of approximately 8 teeth left, the remaining teeth are rotted and a cause of constant pain which affect his nutrition. His body isn't able to heal and his health is deteriorating.
· Requests for dental care coverage by Tricare have been denied multiple times. The final appeal allowed was denied this July. The only hope of getting Tricare to reverse the decision is to hire a lawyer and even if successful it will take too long to help Ty.
· The need for dental extraction and dentures is critical to Ty's better health. His oral surgeon has set up a special deal for Ty to get the surgery. If he can raise $ 4000 the dentist will provide care now and allow payments for the balance of the costs of surgery.
o $1,500 1/3 down for surgical costs
o $2,500 for the dentures.
We are asking for donations to help Ty get the surgery he needs. Any amount will help and be appreciated.
Other facts to consider:
· Ty is disabled and unable to work "“ he is the fulltime care taker for the 3 children
· His wife Cristi joined the Army "“ she is the breadwinner for the family and provides the health insurance benefits for the family.
· Cristi will likely be deployed near the end of the year.
· Ty needs to have the oral surgery done before she leaves.
· Family and close friends are donating money and child care hours to the family, but don't have enough to pay the initial $4000 needed for Ty to have oral surgery.
DonationsSee top donations
- Emilie Wilson
- Brinna Caudle
- The Miller Family
- Rob Bel
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more