Help Donna Pay Medical Costs

Please help fund The Cleek's in Donna's road to recovery.
Donna went to the hospital while on a visit to Carmel, IN, because of a severe pain in her abdomen. After testing was administered, she was admitted to the hospital on the cause of the doctors not be able to commit to a diagnosis. Upon further testing the next day, the doctors decided to perform an appendectomy. While in surgery, the surgeon found some blood in the cavity, possibly from a cyst, and was able to clean that out as well. Upon completion of the surgery, while in recovery, Donna was still in a large amount of pain. Unable to pass any fluids the doctors recommended her for a CT scan with contrast. Receiving the results, the doctor immediately took her in for surgery. Along with a terrible infection, He also found a hole in Donna's small intestine. That part of her intestines was cut out and taken care of. Donna was then sent into ICU for recovery. For a couple of days recovery was taking place, with Donna in a large amount of pain and still on heavy medications, they then moved her into a regular room for further recovery. However, on Tuesday night she had some major set backs and on Wednesday was put into isolation. Donna is still awaiting word from the doctor but will be in the hospital for at least a couple more days.


Being 150 miles from home, her husband, Jerry, a preacher at The Hobart Church of Christ has had to make a couple trips back and forth to be able to both continue to preach and to care for Donna. We are asking for donations to help offset the cost of both travel and the medical bills that will be coming in from two major surgeries as Donna will be out of work to recover for at least 6-8 weeks.


If you would feel more comfortable mailing a donation please send to:
Jerry & Donna Cleek
300 N Liberty
Hobart, IN 46342

We thank you so much for your love and for the donations. We know times are hard and if you don't have any money to give, we continue to ask for your prayers on Donna's behalf.


*** UPDATE 06/15 ***
As of yesterday, Donna was able to leave the hospital. Upon leaving and while resting at home, she continued to become sick and unable to keep down fluids. After mapmaking with the on call DR it was decided that Donna would go back in to the ER. As of 0400 Saturday morning, Domna was readmitted to St. Vincent's Hospital in Carmel. Another CT scan was done and showed that Donna not only has a very serious infection where the section of intestines was removed, but also that she had an intestinal blockage. As of 1330 she is awaiting regular hospital room but has been put into isolation again. The doctors are saying she will be facing another 2-3 day, if not more, stay.

*** UPDATE 06/20 ***
Donna has been released! She has a PIC line in her arm and will be going daily to the infusion center to receive antibiotics. Afterwards she will be on oral antibiotics for a week. We continue to welcome and encourage prayers for Donna and thank you for the continued support.





  • Donor 5 
    • $500 (Offline)
    • 97 mos
  • Bob & Gayle 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 97 mos
  • Donor 4 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 97 mos
  • Donor 3 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 97 mos
  • Donor 2 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 97 mos
See all

Organizer

Katie Rogers 
Organizer
Hobart, IN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more