Cristy's Cancer Fund

For those of you unaware, in June Cristy was diagnosed with a Stage 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. After testing for a specific gene mutation, because of family history, her surgery was completed on July 27th, with .5 cm of clean margins and no affected lymphs. Despite initial results in an intermediate range of the Onkotype DX testing, we are currently awaiting results of a newly approved test (MammaPrint) which will help guide us forward regarding chemotherapy. After we clear the current round of testing and potential treatments, she will be required to undergo 33 radiation treatments, followed by 5-10 years of Tamoxifen.

Throughout the past few months we have been very fortunate, with most testing, procedures, and subsequent pathology giving us relatively positive news. Both of our places of employment have been more than understanding. Coppola's Bar and staff have united to both cover her shifts and continue to afford me the flexibility, almost weekly, to attend various appointments and such. Assisi (as well as Cristy's clients) have been equally sympathetic regarding her extended absence and her limited availability going forward.

Despite several genuine offers of assistance, Cristy and I have been able to weather the financial storm ourselves thus far, and had hoped to avoid taking this path. In preperation for this time, we have already sold off a few personal items, golf cart, one of our cars, and are currently preparing our motorcycle for sale.

Despite a Florida Blue policy that is relatively comprehensive, we've gotten a crash course in health insurance legal nomenclature (eg. Out of pocket maximum is a ridiculous term to use... it simply isn't the case), while using our coverage in lengths we'd have never imagined. We've been able to inch ahead by exhausting our savings and by using the proceeds from the aforementioned sales. Now, as of yesterday, we are down a vehicle due to a transmission issue in my truck. This combined with countless office visits, treatments, co-pays, and meds ahead of us, it simply isn't feasible for us to make it through this year's end. If we are able to skip chemo and dive straight into radiation therapy, Cristy could, ideally, be back to both of her jobs in a normal capacity in a month..or two. It seems we've simply run out of room to juggle any more time, and are frankly almost out of resources.

We have been humbled and strengthened by everyone's outpouring of support, prayers, and kind words. It is now I graciously ask those of you that can to help push us over this bump on the road we've encountered. We will get through this soon enough. Please continue your countless prayers for Cristy, as well as all of those in need. Thank you for taking the time to read my words. Our family appreciates you.

Donations (0)

  • Dave (SBI) Kirkland 
    • $75 
    • 35 mos
  • Amy and John Koenig 
    • $300 
    • 35 mos
  • Cindy Lusby 
    • $200 
    • 35 mos
  • Grandma Coble  
    • $150 (Offline)
    • 35 mos
  • Mike Ryanczak 
    • $120 
    • 35 mos

Organizer 

Christian Stimetz 
Organizer
Melbourne Beach, FL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more