· three self-propelled vehicles,
· which in turn would transport nine parts of an animal,
· which in turn would be assembled and do a trick,
· while integrating everything into a style-based narrative "play"
Seven kids from Park City's new charter school, Weilenmann School of Discovery, did just that an earned themselves an invitation to the World Finals of ODYSSEY OF THE MIND "“ a 35-year-old creative, academic, problem-solving competition. As they head off to Michigan to compete against 5,000 students from 25 different countries, they need your support.
· "I've learned how to cooperate and not to say "˜no' to an idea before we try it," (Sophia, 7)
· "I want to see how kids from Poland and China answer the same challenge," (Lucca, 10)
· "Being smart is cool: I want to see the Great Lakes," (Declan, 9)
· "It's fun hearing all the ideas from my team and deciding what works best for our skit," (Ali, 9)
· "I liked testing all of our vehicles and figuring out how we were going to propel them,"(Zack, 7)
· "All year we have been preparing for this! Now we get a chance to show the world our answer to the problem" (Madeleine, 9)
Your donation will help these aspiring scientists, engineers and designers solve problems, interact with international students and have the greatest week of their young lives. They've stayed after school most Thursdays all year long "“ for a fun, academic pursuit. Won't you support their journey today?
Thank you for your support! All donations are most appreciated!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Caitlin Martz
- Evan Mitz
- Kenn Tomasch
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more