House fire

On the day after Christmas, my family and I experienced an unfortunate event. A fire started in the attic due to an electrical fire and caused a large attic fire. Everyone was able to safely evacuate the house without any injuries. The Oakland Fire Department arrived quickly to control the fire however there is significant fire and water damage to the house. Due to significant damages, we are forced to move out and find a temporary home until our home is repaired. If you are able, please donate to support any repair costs that are not covered through insurance and to help with renting a temporary home for my family until the home is repaired. Donations can also be sent through venmo to myself at @thewengmann or my wife at @vivian_vuong. If you would like to provide assistance in another way, please reach out to me at [email redacted] or (510) 599-0240. We are grateful for the Oakland Fire Department that was able to quickly control the fire and we are extremely thankful for our first responders. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a safe and Happy Holidays!

 GoFundMe Guarantee

Only donations on our platform are protected by the GoFundMe Guarantee.


 See top
  • Pamela Berding 
    • $445 
    • 5 d
  • Sandra Hughes 
    • $500 
    • 9 d
  • Shari Santos 
    • $100 
    • 10 d
  • Matthew Wong 
    • $5 
    • 14 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 16 d
See all

Fundraising team: Fundraising team (5)

Hongjun Weng 
Oakland, CA
Vivian Vuong 
Team member
Raised $275 from 6 donations
Victoria Vuong 
Team member
Raised $50 from 1 donation
Valarie Vuong 
Team member
Raised $10 from 1 donation
Geary Yu 
Team member
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more