Loki needs Michael to recover from a Covid Stroke

Loki the Cat needs Michael to recover from a COVID-19 Stroke and complications On July 6th, 2020 I was diagnosed as Covid-19 positive. I work at a Community Pharmacy so was around patients picking up medication, some with COVID-19. It was a tough battle with high fever around and up to 105F and low oxygen levels at 89-90. They are correct in that taste and smell are lost or worse, changed. Food started to taste bad To keep my oxygen up I started to sleep on my stomach and that helped keep it in the low 90’s instead of dropping to the 80’s. Sleeping was difficult but oxygen levels were better On the 19th of July, essentially 2 weeks after becoming COVID-19 positive I had a stroke and a pulmonary embolism. I entered the emergency room and they sent me by ambulance to a large hospital with a Stroke ICU My goal at that time was to be able to walk again! At that time my left side was partially paralyzed with very limited movement as the brain damage from the stroke would not activate all of my left side voluntarily muscles. Each day my limb movement improved by only a inch or two at the most in my ability to control my left arm and leg. but still, inches was a positive improvement. The hospital was short staffed and a challenge to both patients and staff because of COVID-19. There are things that I wish not to remember in my weeks there and I am fully aware how lucky I am that it was not worse for me. I will never take walking to the bathroom for granted ever again. Or eating, or sleeping, or voluntarily being able to move around. Even if I still have restroom issues today getting there on time I can take care of those issues by myself. Bathroom issues are not a group activity! My opinion!! After getting a negative test on Covid-19 I was moved to acute therapy and began to retrained my brain in walking assisted by at first a wheel chair and later a walker. 6 hours a day therapy for 10 days and I could manage 100 ft using a walker but falling was a issue. Once again I was lucky, it could have been worse. On august 5th I was moved out of acute therapy to home care and outpatient pt/ot/st therapy. Essentially 5-7 hours a day of physical therapy and occupational therapy along with cognitive therapy I was able to move from the walker to the cane to unassisted walking. 20 days of therapy my insurance ran out and I was on my own. I Could not work and bills were piling up. Still not able to stand for more then a 10-20 minutes unassisted and maybe 13 seconds unassisted with my eyes closed. Showering is still to this day my hardest daily personal care chore I moved into a senior village, I’m now 58, with my faithful rescued cat Loki. I am still not able to work full time and part time hours is a challenge but I have to move on as best as I can. Right now I’m living on family loans until I can get paychecks coming in again. I need to prepare for pharmacy state testing to certify to continue working. Any help financially I can get will assist me in regaining my
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more