The Wratchford’s House Fire

Cynthia and her family were woken up to a house full of smoke in the middle of the night on Tuesday October 13 which started from their laundry room in the basement. The firefighters were there in time to contain the fire mostly to the basement/laundry room and into kitchen a little but, the smoke and soot traveled all the way upstairs which is what has ruined a lot of the kids and families belongings. Luckily the whole family was able to get out of the house unharmed but only able to leave with the clothes on their backs. They are currently in a hotel and have to file a claim with insurance in order to have the money to clean up and fix the house. Cynthia just went through emergency gallbladder surgery a month ago and is currently dealing with having iron transfusions once a week. As if that wasn’t enough now they have to find a way to pay for this awful disaster. This family is a family of 5 and Cynthia and her husband Michael work so hard for their family and what they have. Cynthia’s kids have lost all their school clothes. Their bedding. Their toys. Their oldest son just spent 200$ of his own money on school clothes which are now ruined. Please help this amazing family out by donating. Anything helps. They don’t deserve to go through this. No one does.


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 21 hrs
  • Giovanna Zermeno 
    • $30 
    • 1 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 2 d
  • Peter Cales 
    • $25 
    • 2 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 2 d
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Shelby Adams 
Omaha, NE
Cynthia Wratchford 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more