We believe that theatre can (and should!) be used to make a difference in our world. So that's what we do, and we do it while creating unifying, uplifting community experiences and introducing exciting new challenges for theatre artists.
So, what is the 24 Hour Musical?
The 1st annual 24 Hour Musical will take place on August 9th, 2014 in Anderson, South Carolina. This event will bring together a diverse group of theatre artists and volunteers from around the Upstate with the goal of producing a full-scale, Broadway-style musical production... in only 24 hours! Starting on Friday night (August 8th), the cast and volunteers will come together for the first time, and have only 24 hours to:
• memorize lines
• learn choreography and music
• build sets
• find/make costumes
• market the event
• prepare every aspect of the production
So, you may be asking, "what’s the show"? It’s a SECRET! No one can know until the Kick Off Party on the night before the big event, not even the cast.
This exciting and challenging event will be fun for everyone involved and you won’t want to miss it!
WHAT'S THE POINT?
We are partnering with Anderson Free Clinic to support their mission to provide comprehensive healthcare services to low-income, uninsured residents of Anderson County
Every dollar donated on the night of our show will go directly to AFC. There will be representatives and volunteers from AFC at our show to collect funds and talk to our audience about their mission.
WHAT WE NEED & WHAT YOU GET
Bringing the 24 Hour Musical to life takes more than just talent. We are seeking donations to build our production budget for our show.
We have worked to minimize every single expense. A few of the expenses that need to be covered include:
In total, we are seeking $1,000 - a relatively small amount for the quality of production we are aiming to create!
RISKS & CHALLENGES
Like any new start-up, we have lots of challenges ahead of us. We think it's important to let you know what some of our biggest concerns are.
• What if we don't meet our goal? We will do everything in our power to bring the 24 Hour Musical to life regardless of how much money we receive through this campaign. In addition to our GoFundMe page, We are actively seeking businesses who would like to partner with us as a corporate sponsor to produce the event. We are dedicated to making this happen!
• Minimizing Expenses & Maximizing Donations. Producing quality theatre is not cheap! Our goal is to raise far more money for AFC than we spend on our show. To reach this goal, we have done everything we can to create the tightest, most efficient production budget possible. We will have minimal sets and costumes, while still producing quality work that is true to our artistic values. In addition, our staff is 100% volunteer-only. We are putting our full trust in the Upstate community to be there, echo our desire to make a difference, and take action!
There are so many ways you can help, even if you can't contribute!
• Audition. Want to be a part of the 24 Hour Musical? Great! The audition is ridiculously simple, and completely online. (more)
• Share. Help us get the word out! Share our campaign with all of your friends. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @24hourmusicalsc. You can also sign up for our email updates to stay in the loop!
• Volunteer. You can make a difference, even if you don't sing. We need people for everything from food pick-up to backstage crew and more. Just fill out our super-simple volunteer form here.
• Attend. Even if you can't give, show your support by attending! The show is completely free! August 9th, 7pm, @ AU's Belk Theatre. (more)
DonationsSee top donations
- Lonnie & Kathy Whitley
- Angie Bledsoe
- Martha Burriss
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more