Cheyenne Curley-Payne is a standout senior point guard for the Howard University Women's Basketball team. She is majoring in Sport Management with a 3.5 GPA and is scheduled to graduate in May 2013. Cheyenne has been one of the driving forces in the revitalization of the Howard University Women's Basketball program. During her four years as the starting point guard she has guided the Lady Bison to 2 MEAC championship games, a preseason and post season invitation to the WNIT while bringing national notoriety back to Howard Women's Basketball.
Cheyenne and fellow teammate Saadia Doyle have been invited to attend 2 Professional Development Camps/tryouts to continue their basketball career in the WNBA or Overseas. She is trying to raise $3500 to cover her camp fees, lodging, airfare, an other expenses associated with attendance.
Cheyenne Curley-Payne Collegiate Resume:
* Ranks 18th in the NCAA Div I for assist with a average of 6.2 per game.
* Ranks 49th in the NCAA Div I for Assist/Turnover Ratio (1.84)
* Ranks 57th in the NCAA Div I for Steals (2.65 per game)
* Leads Howard University in Assists (534) and Steals (274) career.
* Ranked #2 on the team in rebounds with 8.9 per game.
* School record for assist in a Single Season at Howard University (166) - Needs 5 Assist to break this record.
* Recognized as a conference top performer
* Selected to the MEAC Conference All-Tournament Team.
* Led team to most wins in a season (24) as a Junior
* Ranks 2nd All time for assist in a career at Howard University.
Single Game Career Highs
20 points 14 Assists, 12 Rebounds, Steals 8
As a High School Standout, Cheyenne set the National Records for steals both in a season (328) and a career (1,066)
Your consideration and contribution is greatly appreciated!
DonationsSee top donations
- Elizabeth Tate
- Hayward Corley
- Sheila Marshall
- Howard Scott
- Janet Eleazar
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more