How much have you and your family enjoyed the Thursday night Sounds Like Summer Concert Series in Phoenix Park over the years? Well, the 30 bands (roughly 150 individual musicians) that make it possible each season need your support.
Artists and musicians are an important part of the Eau Claire community, and we want to make sure they get paid what they're worth. Local business sponsors pay for all the overhead costs associated with the Concert Series in Phoenix Park - things like sound, park rental, insurance, permits, promotion, and more. But that has only included a small stipend for the bands. To make sure our community's musicians are paid better going forward, we've turned to the tens of thousands of people who come throughout the summer to kick in a few bucks to keep our music and arts scene strong.
To get the fundraising started, Volume One is depositing $1,500 towards our goal of $7,000. If we raise the full amount, it will ensure each featured act (there are usually two each night) receives no less than $250, and each short solo "acoustic opener" receives $50.
ABOUT YOUR DONATION: 95% of the money raised here will be split among the concert series performers, the other 5% will go to administration fees like credit card processing, etc. When you donate, you can even set an amount to donate each month automatically.
ABOUT THE DONOR LIST: You can choose to be shown as "private" if you'd like. Also, "Volume One" may appear multiple times on the donor list because we post to the account each week with the amount that was donated on-site at each concert. So many more people have donated to the campaign than are shown online.
LEARN MORE: More about the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series here: volumeone.org/concerts