Greetings Friends of Traditional Dance, Music and Singing:
I'm Paul Collins, a director of the Door County Folk Festival (DCFF), a dance and
music festival held annually (for 40 years) in North-East Wisconsin - www.dcff.net
Our motto is "Get Your Foot in the Door!"
I've initiated a “Go Fund Me Campaign” for the 2019 Door County Folk Festival (DCFF)
running from August 18th 2019, now extended through October 19th 2019 – and here’s why…
· There were moderate increases in expenses, along with a small decline
in the number of full-time preregistered participants.
· At the same time, there was an increase in the number of on-site and
part-time registrants, who elected to purchase individual event tickets
instead of Weekend or Daily Passes.
· In 2019 there were 12 first-timers and 20 returnees who had not
attended in recent years. However there were over 50 participants
from 2018 who did not attend in 2019.
· This resulted in a revenue shortfall for 2019.
The fundraising campaign’s main purposes are to: (1) retire the remaining debt
from the 2019 Festival, (2) raise start-up funds for 2020 Festival, and (3) take care
of the legal work required to obtain 501(c)(3) status for tax exemption.
There are additional reasons detailed below.
Thanks to early contributions from 24 donors, we reached 33% of our goal and made a
Labor Day payment obligation. Please contribute to help us make our upcoming
September 30th obligation.
Please consider contributing to the best of your ability and generously to help us
meet or exceed our fundraising goal!
The Festival continues to reach out to various communities who are passionate about
honoring and sustaining America's diverse cultural heritages, including:
· current and past Festival participants
· members of dance communities who’ve not yet attended DCFF
· lovers of ethnic/folk dance, contra/square dance, folk music and folk singing
· members of ethnic communities who recognize/appreciate how DCFF honors
and preserves their traditions and cultures
· anyone who has an interest in the success of participatory, user-friendly festivals
While we cannot offer “thank you gifts” to all donors, we do have a limited number of
extra items from previous Festivals that we can offer to contributors who contribute
at $75 and above.
If you are interested any of these items, after making your donation,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and suggest what you
would be interested in receiving. We will arrange to provide something that
works for you. These items include:
· T-Shirts (various sizes, styles and colors)
· DCFF Drinking Mugs (various colors)
· Dance Music from various years (CDs, FDs, Downloadable)
· Dance Descriptions from various years (Paper, FDs, Downloadable)
· Dance Review DVDs from various years
Suggested Donation Levels
For security and privacy reasons GoFundMe no longer supports associating
“Donor Levels” with individual donations. We’ve created our own up donor
levels using themes around our motto: "Get Your Foot in the Door!"
Contributing at these suggested levels will help us attain our goal.
However, you may donate any amount and it will be gratefully welcomed
· Donate $25 – “Put-Your-Foot-in-the-Sock” as you cushion your feet
with a second pair of socks
· Donate $50 – “Get-Your-Feet-Untangled” as you unravel your feet
after doing Kolo U Sest
· Donate $75 – “Put-Your-Feet-Up” as you prop up your legs on the
next chair during a break
· Donate $100 – “Put-Your-Foot-in-the-Water” as you cool off in the
waters of Lake Michigan or Green Bay
· Donate $150 – “Put-Your-Foot-in-Opanci” as you put on those cute
Serbian moccasins with the curled-up toes
· Donate $250 – “Put-Your-Foot-on-the-Floor” in Baileys Harbor Town Hall
· Donate $500 or more – “Get Your Foot-in-the-Door” (our motto)
About the Festival
The Door County Folk Festival (DCFF) presents a memorable extended July
weekend of ethnic/folk dance workshops, contra/square dance workshops,
singing workshops, culture sessions, group discussions, dance parties and
other activities in Wisconsin’s North-East Peninsula (Door County).
This year marked the Festival’s 40th anniversary. The Door County location offers
many more activities and experiences for non-dancing families, friends, significant
DCFF provides a congenial, relaxed community atmosphere that enables participants
of all levels of experience and ability to:
· learn fascinating and enjoyable forms of dancing and singing
· celebrate and engage in festive dance parties
· socialize, connect and share experiences with old friends and meet new friends
Success in securing these funds will enable the Festival to:
· retire the remaining 2019 debt due vendors and musicians
· raise startup funds for the 2020 Festival
· get an early start to the 2020 planning and budgeting processes
· complete the legal work required to obtain tax exempt status
· improve our community service program that brings entertainment to
local senior citizens
· strengthen our cultural outreach & creativity programs to local youth
working with the YMCA and other organizations
· develop contingencies for unexpected fees, travel expenses and
· revise our pricing models to increase revenue while keep the Festival
affordable for participants
· strengthen the funding mechanisms for the work scholar program that
enables students and others with limited means to participate at reduced
costs in exchange for administrative work
· minimize and/or eliminate costs in programs/activities less relevant
to our audience
· develop and maintain stronger relationships with regional International
Folk Dance (IFD) groups
· improve marketing messages and social media connections with our
primary regional audiences
· determine other audiences to whom we should reach out
We are extremely grateful that you have considered becoming a Festival contributor.
This Campaign began on August 18, 2019 and has been extended to run through October 19, 2019.
We ask you to:
· make generous donations to help us exceed our fundraising goal
· leave comments describing your most memorable experience(s) at DCFF
· forward this request to friends and colleagues who might be willing and
able to help with fundraising
If you prefer to Contribute Offline please mail your donation (via USPS) to:
DCFF, P O Box 25548, Chicago, IL 60625
FYI: Tentative dates for next year's Festival are: Wed-Sun, July 8-12, 2020.
Paul Collins - email@example.com