Facts about MS:
- MS is more common in females than males
- MS is most commonly diagnosed in people between the ages of 20 and 50 years
- The cause of MS is still unknown
- There is a greater prevalence of MS in higher northern and southern latitudes
- In MS, the persons immune system attacks the central nervous system and damages the protective layer of the nerves
Each year, the National MS Society is able to fund critical research and programs and services that truly make a difference in the lives of people affected by MS. Your donations will greatly contribute to National MS Society’s drive to further enhance research and help those with MS.