Lucky’s Medical Bill

On February 17,2019 a friend of my girlfriend found a 2 month old pit bull puppy at a bus stop at around 11pm. He was very under weight and had his ears clipped with what looked to be scissors. His head was covered in a blue paint so we think he was supposed to be a bait dog of some sort. We took him in and made him part of the family and he’s been happy and healthy ever since until yesterday. On December 25, 2019 Lucky chewed open a bottle of 500 200mg ibuprofen. We don’t know how many he ate however it was enough to cause serious damage to his stomach and his intestinal track due to the ulcers that have formed. We rushed him to the Michigan state emergency veterinary clinic where he had to be sedated and had to undergo x-rays, ultrasounds, and many other tests. We are blessed that he is now safe at home and we were told that by following the doctors strict instructions he will make a full recovery very soon. We didn’t realize the importance of pet insurance but we have it now but unfortunately today’s expenses will not be covered by this insurance.


  • Mary Cusack 
    • $10 
    • 6 mos
  • Kathryn Thompson 
    • $50 
    • 6 mos
  • Baylen Brown 
    • $30 
    • 6 mos
  • Crystal Ontis 
    • $20 
    • 6 mos
  • Matthew Niven 
    • $25 
    • 6 mos
See all


Daniel Hogan 
East Lansing, MI
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more