Help Us Cremate & Bring Blackie Home

On December 22nd at 2:30pm, Blackie was rushed to the vet as his health was drastically declining. The Vet informed me that Blackies prognosis wasn't good and the best approach would be to euthanize him. The Vet stated that even if Blackie started the FIP treatment, he would need a blood transfusion which costs over $1,500. This procedure is not guaranteed as he could need another transfusion in the future. I made the decision to end his suffering and pain as it was the most heartbreaking thing I've had to do. I believed with all my heart that he would make it and blame myself for failing him and not being able to start him on the FIP treatment in time. At this point I owe $650 to the Vet Clinic. My wishes are to have Blackie cremated but to be able to do that, the clinic requested for me to pay off my bill in full first. So until the $650 is paid off in full, the clinic will store Blackies lifeless body in a freezer. Please help me and our family bring Blackie back home so he can rest in peace. On December 13th we found out that our sweet baby boy was sick. We thought that Blackie was just constipated and feeling under the weather however, after extensive testing, he was diagnosed with Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP). This disease was 100% fatal...UNTIL NOW.   In fall of 2018, I adopted two twin kittens named Tink & Jinx. Sadly, shortly after adopting them to give them a better life, they were both diagnosed with FIP and passed away one month after being diagnosed. I adopted Blackie 7 months after my twins passed away on May 21, 2019. After Blackie was diagnosed at just over 7 months old on December 13th, 2019 with FIP, we lost all hope and couldn't imagine having our 3rd kitty die from this rare incurable disease.  Blackies abdomen continues to fill with fluid as a consequence of this disease. It has started to hinder his breathing. We are in the early stages of this fight and if we can order the medication in time, Blackie will live. We have spent the last week back and forth at the vets and some nights were spent there as well. It has been so heartbreaking watching him deteriorate so rapidly. Thankfully, we were able to find support groups and other people who were in the same position as us. Through these support groups we were able to get access to the antiviral. However, this antiviral is extremely expensive. The recommended daily dose for Blackie is 2.12ml (based on his bodyweight), so each dose comes down to $143 per day. The treatment course is one injection every day for 12 weeks (84 days) and each week's treatment cost is $1,001 We have already spent $1468 from 12/13 - Current stabilizing him, getting diagnostic imaging and blood work at the vet clinic. The new medication for the 12 weeks will be an additional $12.012 on top of this.  We are asking for your help with this new medication as his last hope. THIS WILL SAVE HIM. This is why we decided to make the leap and reach out to friends and family for help. He is our family, our life, our baby and we never imagined we would be in a position like this but here we are and we will continue fighting with all we have. We finally have hope for him. Thank you so much for your donations and support. Most importantly, please keep praying for him and share this post as much as possible.

Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 5 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $15 
    • 5 mos
  • Deanna Lea 
    • $25 
    • 5 mos
  • Laurie Logsdon 
    • $25 
    • 5 mos
  • Angella Frawley 
    • $30 
    • 5 mos
See all

Organizer

Mattie Johnson 
Organizer
Walla Walla, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more