This is Ollie & Memphis, they were home alone when their house caught fire. The house went up in flames quickly and the firefighters didn’t know they were in the house until their mom, Samantha, got there. The paramedics administered life-saving oxygen on the scene and Samantha convinced the EMTs to transport them by ambulance to the animal hospital on Bristol Road in Fenton. Both Samantha and Shawn, dad, were at work when the fire started and left Ollie loose in the house but Memphis is still a puppy and chews everything so he was crated. The crate was a plastic one that was in the living room and it melted to his fur. His eyes were also burned in the fire and he has severe smoke inhalation and respiratory problems that are being treated by the vet. Ollie also has burns, severe smoke inhalation and respiratory distress. When we left the hospital last night they were not sure Memphis would make it through the night; Ollie seemed to be improving. The vet contacted us this morning and told us Memphis was improving his eyes were still really bad and his breathing wasn’t as labored. On the other hand Ollie went downhill throughout the night and seems to be suffering more with breathing and can’t get his eyes opened. The bills for the vet will be in excess of $4200 and there will be bills for ambulance rides for each of them in addition to medication and a Nebulizer when they come home. Samantha and Shawn lost almost everything but their only concern is getting their dogs health again. Any little bit that you could spare would be used to cover the costs for the dogs care.